Heroes Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Network for Real Life Superheroes to have a place to socialize, network, and also teach and learn from each other.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Different Categories of Crime

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tothian
President & Founder of the Heroes Network
Tothian

Titles : Real Life Superhero, Marine Corps Veteran, Warrior
Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

The Different Categories of Crime Empty
PostSubject: The Different Categories of Crime   The Different Categories of Crime I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 9:49 pm

Crime often gets put in to two different categories.

1- Violent Crimes
2- Property Crimes

The violent crimes that are reported to the police are far more likely to lead to an arrest than a property crime that is reported, because of the fact that many violent crimes directly involve a victim who can act as his or her own witness, and be able to describe their attacker. In 2007, 44.5% of violent crimes that were reported to the police led to an arrest, while only 16.5% of property crimes that were reported, led to an arrest. Also take in to consideration that not all reported crimes that lead to an arrest, always lead to a conviction.

Then, there are different types of Crimes entirely different analysis.

Although organized crime is something of a different classification. The different types of organized crime are:

1- Motorcycle Gangs (the One Percenters, AKA The OMG's - Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs - NOT the 99 Percenters, which refer to the 99 percent of motorcyclists who are law-abiding citizens)

2- Drug Smugglers

3- Prison Gangs

4- Street Gangs

5- White Supremacist Organizations

Many of these groups are out to make money through illegal means, be it by selling drugs, smuggling tobacco, selling counterfeit goods, internet fraud, loan sharking, robbery, and extortion. Some of the white supremacist groups can actually be considered terrorist groups, as do some of the street gangs, such as MS-13.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Tothian.com

PostSubject: Re: The Different Categories of Crime   The Different Categories of Crime I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 3:51 pm

There is a third type,"DOMESTIC". (where the police seem completely useless against,in the family matters.)
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

PostSubject: Re: The Different Categories of Crime   The Different Categories of Crime I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 10:05 pm

That would probably fall more in to the first category. I would consider Drug Crimes to be either a third - or separate - category. As nobody is getting hurt. And nobody's property is damaged. And it is harder for police to have accurate crime statistics for that, because in that, you have the seller and buyer - neither of which will be as likely to report such a dealing to the police.

However, such a crime also can lead a person to engaging in other crimes, be they violent or property crimes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Different Categories of Crime   The Different Categories of Crime I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 6:56 pm

true,but DOMESTIC has it's own court hearings,such as juvenile or circuit. for family matters,disputes or divorce ect.
Back to top Go down
Trone
Duke of Orange Soda
Trone

Titles : The modern day "War Machine"

PostSubject: Re: The Different Categories of Crime   The Different Categories of Crime I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 11:46 pm

As some one who has encountered Domestic encounters they can be easy or diffcult it depends on the situation 9/10 times if you arrive on scene when it is happening its easy to deal with but. But if you get there late and no ones hurt you get rolled into the whole he said she said which can be annoying and diffcult,because each other will attempt to say something that will cause the spouse to be arrested and not that person. You'll get general training on these encounter but sadly this isn't a perfect world and the event won't go the simple way. Police Officers do attempt to settle these in a peaceful matter the problem that may occur is that not everyone encounters these things and if you don't use you lose it (meaning) if you dont use knowledge you will forget or dull your skills honestly you can't help it if you've been on the force for 15 years and never had a Domestic case all one can do is review the material

As for the classes of crime Felony and Misdemeanor always worked for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Different Categories of Crime   The Different Categories of Crime I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 4:22 pm

I agree those two types work for me as well.
Back to top Go down
Trone
Duke of Orange Soda
Trone

PostSubject: Re: The Different Categories of Crime   The Different Categories of Crime I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 1:17 am

I was starting to think that emotion could be one of its own(if you weren't in favor of my orginal types) people do commit crimes of passion,jealousy, and love.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: The Different Categories of Crime   The Different Categories of Crime I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 8:15 am

But basically in order for it to be a crime, in some way a person has to be physically affected or something they own is affected.

Although, it does make it interesting to think outside the box, and look at things from different angles, too.
Back to top Go down
Trone
Duke of Orange Soda
Trone

PostSubject: Re: The Different Categories of Crime   The Different Categories of Crime I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 4:36 pm

Mental could be one as well ( IE this person embarrassed me now he's gotta pay...with his life.) so thing that happens to much
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: The Different Categories of Crime   The Different Categories of Crime I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 4:50 pm

That could be in the same category as emotional, and also psychological.

I think the differences here in the categories we're discussing would be:

A- The types of causes of crime.

and

B- The types of targets of crime.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Different Categories of Crime   The Different Categories of Crime I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 12:31 am

the only type of crime I see,is called unlawful.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: The Different Categories of Crime   The Different Categories of Crime I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 12:39 am

Red Vision,

Haha. It's funny but true. Things become crimes by being written in to the law books as illegal.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: The Different Categories of Crime   The Different Categories of Crime I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 12:39 am

Then again, not just crimes that are crimes against the law. But crimes against people and humanity and such like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Different Categories of Crime   The Different Categories of Crime I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 6:11 pm

things that are wrong in general.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: The Different Categories of Crime   The Different Categories of Crime I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 6:57 pm

Ah I see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Different Categories of Crime   The Different Categories of Crime I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 7:03 pm

Ok I just read the first few post but I am glad to see that some one posted this so thanks Tothian
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: The Different Categories of Crime   The Different Categories of Crime I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 7:26 pm

No problem. Glad you enjoyed it, Dark Ghost.
Back to top Go down
GoldenAerie2

GoldenAerie2

Titles : Formerly Raven

PostSubject: Re: The Different Categories of Crime   The Different Categories of Crime I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 10:53 pm

I was expecting this to be more like Misdemeanors & Felonies. I'll just post about what's what. Its important to know since Citizen Arrest Laws sometimes mention particulars like felonies.

Misdemeanors are any "lesser" criminal act in some common law legal systems. Misdemeanors are generally punished less severely than felonies. Felonies are generally considered to be a crime of "high seriousness". In the United States, where the felony/misdemeanor distinction is still widely applied, the federal government defines a felony as a crime punishable by death or imprisonment in excess of one year. If punishable by exactly one year or less, it is classified as a misdemeanor.

Misdemeanors
Examples of misdemeanors may include:
petty theft
prostitution
public intoxication
simple assault
disorderly conduct
trespass
vandalism
reckless driving
possession of marijuana and in some jurisdictions first-time possession of certain other drugs other similar crimes.

Felonies
Felonies include but are not limited to the following:

• Murder;
  • Rape;
  • Aggravated assault and/or battery;
  • Arson;
  • Robbery;
  • Burglary;
  • Various forms of fraud

• The manufacture, sale, distribution, or possession with intent to
    distribute of certain types and/or quantities of illegal drugs;

• In some states, the simple possession (possession without intent to
    distribute, e.g., for personal use) of certain types of illegal drugs,
    usually in more than a certain quantity but regardless of quantity for
    some drugs in some jurisdictions (such as Virginia for cocaine and
    heroin);
  • Grand larceny or grand theft, i.e., larceny or theft above a certain statutorily established value or quantity of goods; and
  • Vandalism on federal property.
  • Treason;
  • Kidnapping;
  • Perjury;
  • Check fraud;
  • Copyright infringement;
Back to top Go down
http://time4heroics.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Different Categories of Crime   The Different Categories of Crime I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Different Categories of Crime
Page 1 of 1