Heroes Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Network for Real Life Superheroes to have a place to socialize, network, and also teach and learn from each other.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

40 Ways to Be a Hero Without Using Your Fists

Go down 
AuthorMessage

40 Ways to Be a Hero Without Using Your Fists Empty
PostSubject: 40 Ways to Be a Hero Without Using Your Fists   40 Ways to Be a Hero Without Using Your Fists I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 9:06 pm

1. Take a first aid course. Be prepared to help in an emergency situation; don't assume someone else will take care of everything.

2. Donate blood. Bring a friend. Better yet, bring a whole group.

3. Look for paint, not pain. Go on a grafiti patrol. Even if you don't clean it up yourself (extra hero points if you are willing to), report it to local town or city officials.

4. Volunteer at a local soup kitchen or free community lunch.

5. Put together a nice lunch in a brown paper bag and write "For the Homeless" on it and leave it where homeless people can find it, (Credit to Knight Hood).

6. Put yourself out there. Walk around your neighborhood getting to know your community better, you will find who needs help the most and will find people who can help in the future.

7. Aim to do at the very least one good deed each day, even if it's as small as holding the door for someone or taking a shopping cart back to the store entrance.

8. Offer a free lawn mow or snow removal for people who may have trouble doing it themselves. You can also volunteer to sweep walks and wash windows.

9. Get a trash bag, go outside, and start picking up trash. Not glamorous, but it can snap people out of apathy, especially if you're wearing tights.

10. Clean house; go through all your stuff and bag up everything that you don't need anymore and donate it to the salvation army, local good will, or other charitble organization. You get a cleaner house and you are helping those who may be less fortunate than yourself.

11. Cut back on caffeine, skip the coffee and soda and give the money to a charity you believe in. You can also still buy it and give it to someone who can't afford it or just as a thoughtful gift.

12. Take a second course, take a CPR class, go back to number 1 for the reasons.

13. Speak up! The next time you hear or see someone do something that is just plain wrong, call them on it. Write a letter to the editor at your local paper to bring attention to a problem you see.

14. Be prepared. Put together survival packs for your friends and family and set some aside to help those who were not as well prepared.

15. People watch. Visit these sites to see if you recognize anyone: www.amw.com; www.namus.gov; www.missingkids.com There are more sites if you look for them.

16. Get out the vote. If you're old enough to vote, VOTE, encourage others to vote. Pass out literature showing how to register. Democracy works better if everyone participates.

17. Everyone loves to get real mail. Write a letter to someone who doesn't get mail often. It could be an old friend or relative or a member of the armed services, every letter you send will brighten up someones day. Don't forget about postcards.

18. Organize a food drive. It can be as small as just a classroom or office, if you can bigger and get your whole school, company, or place of worship involved, all the better.

19. Make a meal for someone who can't get out much or has suffered a traumatic loss. If you don't do the cooking at home it would be a nice gesture there too.

20. Many charities have walk-a-thons to raise money or awareness for a good cause. Put on you best cape and boots and join in.

21. Will anyone think of the children? You may still be young yourself but there is always someone younger. Visit a children's ward, tutor someone, read stories to kids at your local library and be a mentor.

22. Volunteer at a suicide hotline.

23. Volunteer at your local fire department.

24. Become a Wildland Firefighter.

25. Become and EMT.

26. Become a teacher.

27. Become a farmer and set aside fresh food for those who need it, free of charge.

28. Put up missing person and wanted fliers.

29. Hand out fact sheets on drug abuse and prostitution to drug abusers and prostitutes. (Credit to Knight Hood)

30. Become a big brother or big sister

33. Teach people how to defend themselves.

34. Put together a necessities pack and hand them out to the homeless.

35. Encourage e-cigs and herbal vaporizors to people who smoke or use marijuana to save their lungs and eliminate those noxious gasses, tars and carcinogens.

36. Organize a Neighborhood Watch Group, better still a Neighborhood Watch Network.

37. Investigate claims of government or corporate corruption, and send your findings in to the local media networks.

38. Encourage your school board to arrange more after school activities.

39. Organize Youth Safety Days and events.

40. Spread the word about Superhero Day; every night before Halloween kids dress as superheroes and go house to house collecting food for the homeless.

Stay true. Stay free. Stay safe.

--Hero Man
Back to top Go down
Tothian
President & Founder of the Heroes Network
Tothian

Titles : Real Life Superhero, Marine Corps Veteran, Warrior
Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

PostSubject: Re: 40 Ways to Be a Hero Without Using Your Fists   40 Ways to Be a Hero Without Using Your Fists I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 12:44 am

I forget if you posted this before or if it's modified. 16 is good - it's good when people vote.

36- lol. encouraging them to smoke marijuana?
Back to top Go down
http://www.Tothian.com

PostSubject: Re: 40 Ways to Be a Hero Without Using Your Fists   40 Ways to Be a Hero Without Using Your Fists I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 1:24 am

I posted something like it a while back; not 40 of them though.

Marijuana isn't a bad thing. People have to remember there's a difference between using drugs and abusing drugs. My whole family smokes pot; except for my niece and nephew; we don't do it around them either.

Nicotine isn't harmful in and of itself either. You would have to consume extremely large amounts of it in one sitting; enough to make you puke, before it could harm you. Everything harmful about pot and cigerettes is in the smoke; the noxious gasses, tars, carcinogens and additional chemicals in factory cigarettes to make them more addictive. By going electric, one eliminates every harmful thing in the two activities. It's way easier to get a user to transition to a much healthier alternative than try to convince them to quit altogether, because if they don't want to quit, you're not going to get them to. You're just going to get frutrated and annoyed. Ever since my family went electric, I haven't heard any coughing and the family is much more energetic and happy. I felt like a hero, definitely. And so a way to be a hero that doesn't involve using your fists is making smokers happier and healthier with technology. I never encouraged anyone to use, because, well, I use and so does everyone in my family; nobody needs any encouragement to use lol. XD What we all did need though was our health and energy and happiness back so I made it happen. Very Happy

When helping others it's important to identify the actual problem. You see entire nations all the time trying to fix things and only making things harder because they're aren't seeing the underlying problems of things. THC and Nicotine aren't the problems in this case; it's the smoke. Your body naturally creates both chemicals; they can't hurt you. All that other nasty stuff that's in it will though, and those are the problems which need to be resolved.

Something interesting I've noticed is that since we went electric we haven't been using at much. Only in the evenings and usually only every other evening. We've started remembering our dreams again too. (Many who smoke marijuana relay that they don't remember their dreams at night). I can only assume the element that blocked our dreamworld experiences were one of those that were found in the smoke, which none of us are ingesting anymore. Been a cool science experiment in a way while at the same time significantly improving the qaulities of our lives. Smile

Stay true. Stay free. Stay safe.

--Hero Man
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

PostSubject: Re: 40 Ways to Be a Hero Without Using Your Fists   40 Ways to Be a Hero Without Using Your Fists I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 5:05 am

I didn't say I thought it was bad. I just thought it was funny.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 40 Ways to Be a Hero Without Using Your Fists   40 Ways to Be a Hero Without Using Your Fists I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 5:45 am

Oh my bad; I didn't mean to imply that that's what you were saying; just wanted to go into it a little more and share some thoughts haha. Smile

I just found an awesome link (totally unrelated haha); think it should have it's own thread though. Check it out. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 40 Ways to Be a Hero Without Using Your Fists   40 Ways to Be a Hero Without Using Your Fists I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 8:17 am

Omg I forgot to type in 31 and 32 for some reason lol; didn't notice until I was putting it up on facebook.

31. Pick up any loose change you see lying on the ground and put it in a jar. When the jar is full take it and donate it in one of those boxes for charity they have at the front counter of most McDonalds.

32. Collect resteraunt gift cards and give them to the homeless, this respectfully ensures that your money will be spent on food, not drugs or alcohol.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: 40 Ways to Be a Hero Without Using Your Fists   40 Ways to Be a Hero Without Using Your Fists I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 2:14 am

Haha. You could have just re-numbered the other ones and then added these 2 new ones. But it's alright.

Keep these coming. Keep brainstorming and strategizing on this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 40 Ways to Be a Hero Without Using Your Fists   40 Ways to Be a Hero Without Using Your Fists I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 2:49 am

Will do. Gettin' a little more difficult, but every once in a while I'll have a good idea and am definitely adding it. Once I get 100 I wanna make a book with more detailed instructions on how to go about doing each thing and how to incporporate them into your day to day life to further shape ones life around helping people; finding a way to be a big or small hero for every day of the calender. First I have to do it myself though, lol. I want to blend it in with my yearly schedule and then start adding things from there. Is it weird that I want to be the world's greatest RLSH? I sometimes worry that I have too big of an ego, but then another part of my brain says that it's perfectly fine to want that, and that more people should want to too. Probably just letting jerks from another site get into my head. They seemt o oppose the whole notion of being a superhero without confronting bad guys and throwing yourself into harm's way. I don't care about the archetype. I just wanna help people. Some of those other guys are a little weird upstairs though in my opinion. Probably gonna be hanging out here more; need a break from their chaos. Many take themselves WAY to seriously. Now, I take myself seriously but there's a difference between what I do and what some of the others do, not sure what it is. I just don't take myself too seriously, I'm not passionate about prooving myself to others and that's what a lot of people seem to want. It's just a bit petty for me. I have friends at both places but I don't know anyone here that I could ever feel justified in calling a jerk, but there's a lot of jerks over at the other place. Don't get me wrong though, there's definitely good people there as well. Which is why I want to be at both; to help enhance the good of other places and feel at home in the innate goodness that is here. This is like base camp and I'm like a green berret going into foreign lands teaching the people new skills lol......weird example (That's mostly what they do in real life; they're kinda like the military's missionaries, totally bad*** missionaries with big guns XD).
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: 40 Ways to Be a Hero Without Using Your Fists   40 Ways to Be a Hero Without Using Your Fists I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 5:38 am

If you are going to write a book, go for more than only 100. Try for like a thousand, or 10,000.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 40 Ways to Be a Hero Without Using Your Fists   40 Ways to Be a Hero Without Using Your Fists I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 12:07 am

Whoa, that's way too many XD; it would have to be a series.

I'm thinking of something like "50 Simple Things You Can do to Save the Earth" by the Javnas; only longer because I'll be doing a hundred things and using multiple pages to go into detail on each of the 100 things. By the end of the book it would be a James Patterson sized book. 10000 or even just 1000 would take to long to think of and would have to be put into several books.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: 40 Ways to Be a Hero Without Using Your Fists   40 Ways to Be a Hero Without Using Your Fists I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 10:39 pm

It depends if you wanted to get into detail about each one. Or to just give a bunch of random stuff.

There was a book of like I forget how many thousands of things to be happy about. It didn't really get into detail. It just gave a list.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 40 Ways to Be a Hero Without Using Your Fists   40 Ways to Be a Hero Without Using Your Fists I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 6:33 am

Cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 40 Ways to Be a Hero Without Using Your Fists   40 Ways to Be a Hero Without Using Your Fists I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

40 Ways to Be a Hero Without Using Your Fists
Page 1 of 1