Network for Real Life Superheroes, Warriors, Protectors,
Saviors, to have a place to socialize, network, and also teach and learn from each other.

HomePortalRegisterLog in
Twitter
Facebook
Latest topics
» Words Of Encouragement
Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:59 pm by Tothian

» Revolutionary Introduction
Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:21 pm by Tothian

» Do you support President Donald Trump's immigration ban?
Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:36 am by Anti-Hero

» Welcome to Society-X
Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:53 pm by Tin-Man

» New Orleans hit by a Tornado
Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:31 pm by Tothian

» www.Tothian.com
Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:06 pm by Tothian

» Welcome to the Heroes Network
Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:52 pm by Sound Hound

» Welcome to the Heroes Network Church!
Mon May 23, 2016 6:58 pm by ex26

» Do you believe in time travel?
Mon May 23, 2016 6:17 pm by ex26

Keywords
suits Tothian Masks gloves quotes RLSH angel police anti Pizza Goggles ShowStopper aspects fighting shield SuperHeroes video Real Guns Group Colorado hero Phoenix pictures dark ecliptico

Share | 

Gunfire forces brief lockdown at U.S. Capitol in Washington

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Gunfire forces brief lockdown at U.S. Capitol in Washington   Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:52 pm

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Capitol was locked down briefly on Thursday after gunshots were fired outside the building following a car chase across central Washington and a number of people including a law enforcement officer were hurt, officials said.
A female suspect was killed by police at the scene, a U.S. official said.
The shooting rattled the U.S. capital three weeks after 12 people were killed and three injured in a shooting spree by a government technology contractor at the U.S. Navy Yard, about 1.5 miles from the Capitol.
The U.S. House of Representatives and Senate were in session when the gunshots were heard. The U.S. government was partially shut down this week when lawmakers failed to agree on a budget.
A source familiar with the situation said the incident started when a vehicle struck a security barrier at 15th and Pennsylvania avenue, near the White House. Police chased the vehicle for about 1 1/2 miles to 2nd Street and Constitution Avenue, near the Capitol, where the shots were fired.
"I was just eating a hot dog over here and I heard about four or five gunshots, and then a swarm of police cars came in wailing their sirens," said Whit Dabney, 13, who was visiting from Louisville, Kentucky, and heard the shots a couple of blocks away.
A policeman was injured in a car crash resulting from the chase and was taken from the shooting scene in a Medevac helicopter, a U.S. official and police said.
The lockdown order at the Capitol was called off and security along Independence Avenue was eased shortly before 3 p.m. (1900 GMT). Tourists were allowed back onto the Capitol grounds.
Just before Capitol Police sealed off the building, the Senate and House were in session. On the Senate floor, Senator John McCain of Arizona was urging that President Barack Obama and a bipartisan group of senators launch negotiations to break the deadlock over government funding and a debt limit increase.
The House had just passed a bill to fund the National Guard and reservists who are not on active duty during the shutdown.
The Capitol police, who were deemed "essential" staff, were at work despite the shutdown but they are not being paid.
President Barack Obama was briefed on the incident, a White House official said, providing no further details.
In 1998, a gunman burst through a security checkpoint at the Capitol and killed two Capitol Police officers in an exchange of fire that sent tourists and other bystanders diving for cover. The suspect, Russell Eugene Weston Jr., was not charged with a crime because of apparent mental instability.
(Reporting by Richard Cowan, Tim Reid, Thomas Ferraro, Mark Hosenball and Caren Bohan; Writing by Jim Loney; Editing by David Storey)

http://news.yahoo.com/u-capitol-washington-lockdown-shots-fired-183659293.html
Back to top Go down
Tothian
President & Founder of the Heroes Network

Titles : Warrior, Protector, Christian Reverend, Philosopher, Strategist, Marine, Political Activist, Defender of Freedom
Mission : Destroy evil, Protect people, Save the world, Defend Freedom, Help the Real Life Superhero Community

PostSubject: Re: Gunfire forces brief lockdown at U.S. Capitol in Washington   Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:47 pm

Oh wow. And yes I had heard about this after I saw Senator Rand Paul make a tweet that he and his staff were alright. I was wondering what happened.

Then I had heard about it on the radio.

Thanks for sharing this on here, Mystery Man. And good work always being on top of things when it comes to the news.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Tothian.com

PostSubject: Re: Gunfire forces brief lockdown at U.S. Capitol in Washington   Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:50 pm

Thanks Tothian, I do my best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gunfire forces brief lockdown at U.S. Capitol in Washington   

Back to top Go down

Gunfire forces brief lockdown at U.S. Capitol in Washington
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1