Heroes Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Network for Real Life Superheroes to have a place to socialize, network, and also teach and learn from each other.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dybbuk

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Dybbuk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dybbuk   Dybbuk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 2:53 am

great point.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
President & Founder of the Heroes Network
Tothian

Titles : Real Life Superhero, Marine Corps Veteran, Warrior
Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

Dybbuk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dybbuk   Dybbuk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 3:50 pm

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.Tothian.com
Dybbuk

Dybbuk

Titles : Dybbuk

Dybbuk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dybbuk   Dybbuk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 2:07 am

Personally, I won't deal with police in any way shape or form. They don't like me, I don't like them, they are not justice. Not saying all police are bad people but where they get their orders from certainly are. If I'm outnumbered, I tend to use my stealth teachings or I take notes for a later date. If it's a matter of emergency I work the only way I know how. Combat, and if I'm outnumbered I'll take my chances. Most gang criminals are not prepared to fight and if they are they rarely know any trained skills, which I fortunately have learned.

Dybbuk - Page 2 Black-kevlar-hard-knuckle-tactical-gloves

These the ones I should get?

Last edited by Dybbuk on Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Dybbuk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dybbuk   Dybbuk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 2:09 am

Hello and welcome Dybbuk
Back to top Go down
Dybbuk

Dybbuk

Dybbuk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dybbuk   Dybbuk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 2:12 am

Thanks Dark Ghost. Great to be here.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

Dybbuk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dybbuk   Dybbuk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 3:34 am

Dybbuk,

I do know of one cop from England who had been a journalist/blogger/photographer, he didn't dislike superheroes, but did understand that the police there wouldn't be able to be as easily accepting of superheroes over there as much as they are here. That guy seemed to be a very friendly guy, too. And of course there was another superhero from England who had been around in the earlier days of this Community, named Captain Champion, who was a Captain in the Royal Army. Granted that's in the Defense Department rather than the Department of Justice. Supposedly even Polarman who is in Canada, he - as Polarman - met the Queen herself. So, there can be some good people there too. But also some who wouldn't be for what you do.

I can understand the wanting to keep distance from them. To work with them, or not work with them, could each offer it's own set of pro's and con's. Everything we do could be considered controversial. Each person who has ever been in this community of a few hundred, everyone is so different from each other. But in this world of 7 billion people, same theory applies but amplify that by about 70 million. There will be some from all areas of life that will support us, as well as some who could be against us. If you ever do find some trustworthy people who support you and believe in you and are willing to help, my best advice would be to not keep them distant and use any allies you could get, because allies for us don't come around very easily. I could give good some examples from The Dark Knight Rises. But, I'll only do that privately if you have seen it, and won't say anything if you haven't.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

Dybbuk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dybbuk   Dybbuk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 3:34 am

Also, those are the same types of kevlar knuckled gloves that I have! Are they what you have? If so, cool!
Back to top Go down
Dybbuk

Dybbuk

Dybbuk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dybbuk   Dybbuk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 5:59 am

Yes, those are the ones I picked up. Must have been good luck that I got the same ones! Also got some kneepads this week for extra protection... I gave them a test run 2 days ago. Work great.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

Dybbuk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dybbuk   Dybbuk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 7:09 pm

Cool! And cool about the knee pads too. Next, elbow pads and shin pads would go well with them too. And also arm bracers are good for protection, sometimes restricting slight mobility so that's up to you.
Back to top Go down
Dybbuk

Dybbuk

Dybbuk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dybbuk   Dybbuk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 5:36 am

I'm currently looking for some elbowpads. Shin pads and bracers might be a good idea I'll keep a look out for them. I suffered a damaged right arm recently, so more protection is probably in order.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

Dybbuk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dybbuk   Dybbuk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 3:55 pm

If it was a recent injury that's not fully healed, then I could understand the further emphasis on the need for that.

But, also at the same time, it's not good to wait for a leg injury in order to want to get leg armor, if you know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

Dybbuk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dybbuk   Dybbuk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 3:56 pm

Also, how did you get the injury (if you don't mind telling about it)?
Back to top Go down
Dybbuk

Dybbuk

Dybbuk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dybbuk   Dybbuk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 6:47 am

It was a gang of three people who were on my patrol route. They were spitting at someone and crowding round her so I told them to back off, which they obviously didn't want to do. Most of them just laughed at first, but one of them hit me with something in the side of the elbow... I don't know what it was he used, but it was painful. After that they pretty much ran away before I could recoup. I didn't get a chance to catch them, but at least they left the girl alone. I expect to get some injury when outnumbered, I guess that's natural. But it must have been fairly bad because that was over a week ago and I still feel like the arm is numb. I would have gone to have it checked at the hospital but since the last time I went there it might be a bit difficult since they always ask how it happened. Some pads would have been great that day. The same arm got injured as last time, although last time it was partly my fault. I got glass all through my arm because I punched through a window.

Since that I'm looking for lots of (light) protection which will prevent me taking to much injury while at the same time not weigh me down to much. Since I use martial arts to defend most times it's best not to be too heavy, I need to keep some agility. You're quite right, it's best to get what's needed before taking to much damage... best to prevent it rather than learn from the mistake.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

Dybbuk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dybbuk   Dybbuk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 7:10 am

I'll number these to make it easier to reply.

1- When you say gang, do you use that term loosely as in a gang of guys, figuratively speaking, or do you mean that there were signs that they were affiliated with a gang?

2- What ever it was you were attacked with, were you not aware he was armed until you were hit with it? Or did you see that he had something in his hand?

3- Also, you could tell the hospital the truth, or, were you in your mask?
Back to top Go down
Dybbuk

Dybbuk

Dybbuk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dybbuk   Dybbuk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 9:49 am

Gang just as in a group of troublemakers. Certainly would not consider them an affiliated gang, they were more bored petty types.

From what Isaw they had no weapons at all. I have no idea what it was or where it came from.

This happened on patrol, I was in full gear.
Back to top Go down
Dybbuk

Dybbuk

Dybbuk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dybbuk   Dybbuk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 9:50 am

Gang just as in a group of troublemakers. Certainly would not consider them an affiliated gang, they were more bored petty types.

From what Isaw they had no weapons at all. I have no idea what it was or where it came from.

This happened on patrol, I was in full gear. It won't happen again.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

Dybbuk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dybbuk   Dybbuk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 4:14 pm

Ah I see. So I could understand not wanting the two stories linked and then it being found out who you are.

How is your arm healing?
Back to top Go down
Blackout

Blackout

Titles : The Spider-man guy, the talking shadow, Blackout, the man on the can

Dybbuk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dybbuk   Dybbuk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 3:43 am

Also try responder gloves. They're not that impact tough, but decent still.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

Dybbuk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dybbuk   Dybbuk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 4:20 pm

Blackout wrote:
Also try responder gloves. They're not that impact tough, but decent still.

What are responder gloves? Are they for protection or for medical use or what?
Back to top Go down
Blackout

Blackout

Titles : The Spider-man guy, the talking shadow, Blackout, the man on the can

Dybbuk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dybbuk   Dybbuk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 5:03 am

They are like what you'd see a tactical (the non-armored type) agent or official type using. They are protective and well-gripped, applied for varying circumstances. You can find them at military surplus stores.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

Dybbuk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dybbuk   Dybbuk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 2:43 pm

Is there a picture or a link?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dybbuk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dybbuk   Dybbuk - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dybbuk
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heroes Network :: INTRODUCTION CATEGORY :: Introductions-
Jump to: