Heroes Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Network for Real Life Superheroes to have a place to socialize, network, and also teach and learn from each other.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Law on citizens arrest

Go down 
+2
Phoenix
Tothian
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Law on citizens arrest Empty
PostSubject: Law on citizens arrest   Law on citizens arrest I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 5:44 am

Do any one here know the law about citizens arrest and could it be used as a RLSH.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
President & Founder of the Heroes Network
President & Founder of the Heroes Network
Tothian

Titles : Real Life Superhero, Marine Corps Veteran, Warrior
Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

PostSubject: Re: Law on citizens arrest   Law on citizens arrest I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 6:08 am

I think each state has different laws on this. I'll see if I can find a link or some links on it.

RLSH's are able to perform them but then they'd have to testify in court as their civilian identity.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Tothian.com

PostSubject: Re: Law on citizens arrest   Law on citizens arrest I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 6:12 am

Here's a link with a lot of information about citizen's arrests:

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Citizen%27s-Arrest

Also, in North Carolina, citizen's arrests aren't legal. It's recommended to look up the laws of the particular state you're interested in to find out the guidelines.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Law on citizens arrest   Law on citizens arrest I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 4:25 pm

Thanks I will check it out.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Former Vice President of the Heroes Network

PostSubject: Re: Law on citizens arrest   Law on citizens arrest I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 7:46 pm

As a general rule, it won't happen with a secret identity. If you don't care about that, varies by area.
Back to top Go down
The Wall Creeper

The Wall Creeper

Titles : Veteran Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Law on citizens arrest   Law on citizens arrest I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 11:55 am

If it comes to that, and you are crime fighting, zip tie cuffs, and witnesses to the crime that will stand by for the police would be a bit better. Razz
Back to top Go down
Moon Knight

Moon Knight

PostSubject: Re: Law on citizens arrest   Law on citizens arrest I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 5:59 pm

Yea never use hand cuffs. Police can take them away and you might not get them back. So You would be waisting money. Zip ties should work well though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Law on citizens arrest   Law on citizens arrest I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 11:29 pm

Aren't zip ties easier to get out of, though?
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Law on citizens arrest   Law on citizens arrest I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 1:03 am

Potentially, but it's irrelevant if you don't leave them with a tool. I would caution however, there is a difference between zip cuffs and zip ties. Good zip cuffs prevent accidental nerve damage. Zip ties, not so much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Law on citizens arrest   Law on citizens arrest I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 8:44 pm

I have discovered the GA. law on citizens arrest thanks to Dark Ghost.

In GA. in order to use citizens arrest a person has to have hard proof of the crime that hapened or an eye witness or in some casses both. Also the person that uses citizens arrest has to go to court about the case to testafy for the simpl reson that it is not the cop that arrest the person that uses citizens arrest counts as the arresting officer the cop only transports the suspect to the police stion to be booked.
Back to top Go down
Trone
Duke of Orange Soda
Trone

Titles : The modern day "War Machine"

PostSubject: Re: Law on citizens arrest   Law on citizens arrest I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 9:04 pm

For the love of God PLEASE if you ever attempt to use zip ties to detain someone you will be detaining in an in humane fashion and potenially go to jail or court. YOU MUST AND I REPEAT YOU MUST REFER TO THEM AS FLEX-CUFFS. and when applied correctly they should not be able to get out of them. ALso ensure that they are THICK as people are know to snap thinner ones.
Back to top Go down
GoldenAerie2

GoldenAerie2

Titles : Formerly Raven

PostSubject: Re: Law on citizens arrest   Law on citizens arrest I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 11:58 pm

I have a file of all the Citizen Arrest laws for the US, but I'm not able to post it. If anyone can help, I'll get it posted.
Back to top Go down
http://time4heroics.blogspot.com/
GoldenAerie2

GoldenAerie2

PostSubject: Re: Law on citizens arrest   Law on citizens arrest I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 12:53 pm

Here's a basic How To video done in a short fun way.

Here's a serious video about how to make a citizen's arrest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Law on citizens arrest   Law on citizens arrest I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 2:57 pm

What kind of file? If needed I can give you temporary attachment permissions so you can upload your file as an attachment to your post. Or you can upload it to a file-sharing website and post the link.
Back to top Go down
GoldenAerie2

GoldenAerie2

PostSubject: Re: Law on citizens arrest   Law on citizens arrest I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 5:55 pm

I posted it in a different section - don't know why I did that sorry. I have a docx file and a pdf.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Law on citizens arrest   Law on citizens arrest I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 6:18 pm

Alright. I'll give you temporary attachment privileges so you can add the files to this thread so people can save the files to look at offline.
Back to top Go down
GoldenAerie2

GoldenAerie2

PostSubject: Re: Law on citizens arrest   Law on citizens arrest I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 7:09 pm

Here it is.

If you want to look into the state laws yourself, find your State Penal Codes and go from there. That's where most of my information came from.

Guess my file is too large for uploading. 53.5k
Back to top Go down
The Wall Creeper

The Wall Creeper

Titles : Veteran Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Law on citizens arrest   Law on citizens arrest I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 1:47 am

Phoenix, Trone,

My apologies, I meant zip cuffs. And there is a difference.

Raven,

You should google "dropbox". It's a free, personal, cloud that you can download, and put anything you want in it, and just give people links to the specific file you want them to see. It's really cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Law on citizens arrest   Law on citizens arrest I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Law on citizens arrest
Page 1 of 1