Heroes Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Network for Real Life Superheroes to have a place to socialize, network, and also teach and learn from each other.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If there's ONE problem in the world...

Go down 

If there's one problem in the world that you'd like to erradicate, what would that be?
Global warming
If there's ONE problem in the world... I_vote_lcap0%If there's ONE problem in the world... I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Crime
If there's ONE problem in the world... I_vote_lcap71%If there's ONE problem in the world... I_vote_rcap
 71% [ 5 ]
World hunger
If there's ONE problem in the world... I_vote_lcap14%If there's ONE problem in the world... I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Nuclear weapons
If there's ONE problem in the world... I_vote_lcap0%If there's ONE problem in the world... I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Koby
 0% [ 0 ]
Political advertising
 0% [ 0 ]
Oil dependence
 0% [ 0 ]
Human trafficking
 0% [ 0 ]
Unemployment
 0% [ 0 ]
Killer Chihuahaus
 0% [ 0 ]
Baked beans
 0% [ 0 ]
Geist's socks after a patrol (You don't even want to know.)
 0% [ 0 ]
George Lucas
If there's ONE problem in the world... I_vote_lcap14%If there's ONE problem in the world... I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage

If there's ONE problem in the world... Empty
PostSubject: If there's ONE problem in the world...   If there's ONE problem in the world... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 4:14 pm

If there's one problem in the world that you'd like to erradicate, what would that be? Only one answer allowed here, so choose wisely.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If there's ONE problem in the world...   If there's ONE problem in the world... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 4:16 pm

George Lucas is ruining everything for me. Wink
Back to top Go down
Tothian
President & Founder of the Heroes Network
Tothian

Titles : Real Life Superhero, Marine Corps Veteran, Warrior
Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

PostSubject: Re: If there's ONE problem in the world...   If there's ONE problem in the world... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 6:20 pm

I voted Crime, but Nuclear Weapons would be a close second. My mission in life has a lot to do with protecting people, and fighting evil.

And I think that George Lucas is a Prophet. His prophecies written in to the form of movies, have changed my life forever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Tothian.com

PostSubject: Re: If there's ONE problem in the world...   If there's ONE problem in the world... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 3:05 am

I voted Crime, too, although if I could pick Other, it would have to be Apathy, because you get rid of that, you get rid of many, many problems at once.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If there's ONE problem in the world...   If there's ONE problem in the world... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 6:31 pm

Well, if that's the case, Tothian, I just wish that Lucas would quit going back and f-ing with his original prophecies, which I not only liked, but loved. For me, he's shat on everything that he ever started out that was good.

But more seriously, I'd vote for World hunger if I could vote twice. And I think hunger is in a sense, a source of crime.

Or maybe it isn't, really. I was a "crime victim" today because of some stupid (and apprehended) 19 year-olds who have too much money and were bored, driving around shooting out 26 car windows with a pellet gun. Maybe crime is a source of too much money and not enough responsibility...
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

PostSubject: Re: If there's ONE problem in the world...   If there's ONE problem in the world... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 2:30 am

Geist,

Which original prophecies that George Lucas had, did he change, that you don't agree with?

As far as criminological theories, there are many different theories which could predispose a person toward doing such things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If there's ONE problem in the world...   If there's ONE problem in the world... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 1:32 pm

I voted for crime
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If there's ONE problem in the world...   If there's ONE problem in the world... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 3:04 pm

I voted Global Warming because we had a record warm winter last year with almost no snow or ice and while you might think thats bad for the snow clearing job Im also worried that this kind of trend could kill off alot of arctic animals The seals use the ice to hide from the Polarbears and to birth their pups in the spring The polar bears birth their cubs in the deepest snow den they can build However this global warmming could also cause other unforseen events such as rising water levels as the ice caps at the poles melt The increase of diseases such as many types of cancers The increase of the risk to heat stroke especially with animals elders and seniors and young children
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: If there's ONE problem in the world...   If there's ONE problem in the world... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 1:44 am

Polarman,

I don't know too much about global warming, but I have heard there be some debates about whether it had more to do with the sun, or the electricity and other things people use here on earth, or both. What are your thoughts on that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If there's ONE problem in the world...   If there's ONE problem in the world... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 11:49 am

Alot of it has to do with the natural causes of nature HOWEVER the pollution that people spread with cars factories and electricity is speeding up the process and is responsible for alot of the really strange weather we've been having like the snowstorm you had durring the Superheroes Anonymous event in NYC and last year when ther was almost no snow at all for the entire winter in Iqaluit We can expect to see even worse weather to come in the future People up here in the arctic are seeing it first hand because we notice that the winters are alot warmer than they were 20 years ago and we have not had any real blizzards scince the early 1990s Also people are now swimming in the lakes and rivers durring the summer time when we couldnt do that 10 years ago Even the ice on the bay is not as thick as it used to be and we dont have as many icebergs floating by as we used to have The shipping season is longer now up here than it was back in the 90s when it used to be from July to Sept and we would see the ice forming in October Now we see ice forming in December but the shipping lanes are closed in November When I first moved into Iqaluit back in the summer of 1988 We went from shorts and tshirts to long pants and sweatshirts and sometimes jackets overnight and that was the summer time now Christmas of 2010 people were watching the santa clause parade go by while standing outside in shorts tshirts and cocks or whatever the hell those shoes that look loike swiss cheese are called This year however it was a little bit colder but there still wasnt very much snow through the winter I enjoy sliding on the hills but there is only one hill that people are able to go down and thats Jomie School hill The Hospital Hill doesnt have as much snow on it as it used to have so they may cancle the up hill skidoo races again this year which until last year was unthinkable but now that hill has way too many exposed rocks on it and the snow is too soft for sliding so a skidoo would never make the climb without sinking and getting stuck When I first got my apartment about 15 years ago I was constantly shoveling the snowdrift at the bottom of the steps after every storm now I havent needed to shovel my place in over 5 years because the winds blow it away
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If there's ONE problem in the world...   If there's ONE problem in the world... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 7:22 pm

By prophecies, I only mean his sci-fi vision. As he went on, everything went from gritty to cuddly. Less fighting and more Ewoks, burp jokes, and annoying child actors and Jar-Jar Binks. When he went back and "refined" his movies, he polished them to the point of marring a lot of my favorite scenes while slowing down the momentum of the plot.

But seriously, we should be talking about more serious things probably than George Lucas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If there's ONE problem in the world...   If there's ONE problem in the world... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 7:42 pm

I voted crime,it's something we can change.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If there's ONE problem in the world...   If there's ONE problem in the world... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If there's ONE problem in the world...
Page 1 of 1