Heroes Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Network for Real Life Superheroes to have a place to socialize, network, and also teach and learn from each other.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SuperHeroes and Child Abuse

Go down 
3 posters

Were you formerly abused, and if so, how?
No
SuperHeroes and Child Abuse I_vote_lcap5%SuperHeroes and Child Abuse I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 3 ]
Yes
SuperHeroes and Child Abuse I_vote_lcap20%SuperHeroes and Child Abuse I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 12 ]
Physically
SuperHeroes and Child Abuse I_vote_lcap16%SuperHeroes and Child Abuse I_vote_rcap
 16% [ 10 ]
Mentally
SuperHeroes and Child Abuse I_vote_lcap11%SuperHeroes and Child Abuse I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 7 ]
Emotionally
SuperHeroes and Child Abuse I_vote_lcap15%SuperHeroes and Child Abuse I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 9 ]
Psychologically
SuperHeroes and Child Abuse I_vote_lcap13%SuperHeroes and Child Abuse I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 8 ]
Verbally
SuperHeroes and Child Abuse I_vote_lcap20%SuperHeroes and Child Abuse I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 61

AuthorMessage

SuperHeroes and Child Abuse Empty
PostSubject: SuperHeroes and Child Abuse   SuperHeroes and Child Abuse I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 2:39 am

This is something that I have been wondering about for a while.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SuperHeroes and Child Abuse   SuperHeroes and Child Abuse I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 3:02 am

Holy Spudinkin jilicky wilickers from the north and south batman!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SuperHeroes and Child Abuse   SuperHeroes and Child Abuse I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 3:05 am

??? confused ???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SuperHeroes and Child Abuse   SuperHeroes and Child Abuse I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 3:36 am

i have a tendancy of making strange but funny comments when feeling awkward..... you'll notice this in time its a normal occerance
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SuperHeroes and Child Abuse   SuperHeroes and Child Abuse I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 3:38 am

Okay.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
President & Founder of the Heroes Network
Tothian

Titles : Real Life Superhero, Marine Corps Veteran, Warrior
Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

PostSubject: Re: SuperHeroes and Child Abuse   SuperHeroes and Child Abuse I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 3:56 am

That's cool.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Tothian.com

PostSubject: Re: SuperHeroes and Child Abuse   SuperHeroes and Child Abuse I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 4:01 am

i just find it kind of strange its only 16% right now.... wierd i would think it would be or should be higher but i bet its just cause this site just launched
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SuperHeroes and Child Abuse   SuperHeroes and Child Abuse I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 4:05 am

16% of each vote. The votes are split up, even though it's multiple-choice. It's best to look at the votes themselves, rather than the percentages.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SuperHeroes and Child Abuse   SuperHeroes and Child Abuse I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 3:34 am

I guess I'm lucky to say NO,but then again my mom was a cop. (so it makes sense.)
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

PostSubject: Re: SuperHeroes and Child Abuse   SuperHeroes and Child Abuse I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 4:18 am

Ah, cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SuperHeroes and Child Abuse   SuperHeroes and Child Abuse I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 5:58 pm

There were some rough years but it got better and I am close with my parentts now . I dont feel and. Anger twards them but I am open about what happened to me . I've never thought dwelling on the past is. Good but denial is worse
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SuperHeroes and Child Abuse   SuperHeroes and Child Abuse I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 9:43 pm

That's good that it is better for you now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SuperHeroes and Child Abuse   SuperHeroes and Child Abuse I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 8:02 pm

I said Yes, emotionally and psychologically only because of a gang of bullies when I was a teenager. Other than that, no.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SuperHeroes and Child Abuse   SuperHeroes and Child Abuse I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 3:53 am

I was all the above! My childhood can not be told in a single sentence but perhaps instead published in volumes!
Back to top Go down
c0r3

c0r3

PostSubject: Re: SuperHeroes and Child Abuse   SuperHeroes and Child Abuse I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 2:58 pm

Does this question imply "abused by parents?"

Adults only?

What about other older children?

The answer changes depending on what is included.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: SuperHeroes and Child Abuse   SuperHeroes and Child Abuse I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 8:01 pm

c0r3,

Anything counts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SuperHeroes and Child Abuse   SuperHeroes and Child Abuse I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 6:33 pm

Bullied in school

Nuff said
Back to top Go down
Xander

PostSubject: Re: SuperHeroes and Child Abuse   SuperHeroes and Child Abuse I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 9:42 pm

I answered yes. I have been abused as a kid. I have been beaten just for saying good morning and for being a kid. I have been told that noone would care what happened to me or would ever care about me. I had to endore this everyday.Its in the past tho but it still haunts me as an adult.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: SuperHeroes and Child Abuse   SuperHeroes and Child Abuse I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 9:59 pm

Xander,

Living through things like that can often tend to push a person toward either wanting to do heroic things to make sure that others don't suffer the way they did, or, some do villainous things as their way of getting revenge. That's good that you chose the side of good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SuperHeroes and Child Abuse   SuperHeroes and Child Abuse I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 1:28 am

Yeah. I'm also glad that you came here on the Heroes Network, Xander. I'm also glad that you decided that you wanted to do something to help people.
Back to top Go down
Xander

PostSubject: Re: SuperHeroes and Child Abuse   SuperHeroes and Child Abuse I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 10:49 am

I do not seek revenge. I will admit that at one point in my life i did want revenge but i came to reliese that what they did to me has made me stronger and gave me the will to survive. I hold no anger towards them anymore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SuperHeroes and Child Abuse   SuperHeroes and Child Abuse I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 4:41 pm

to error is human,to forgive is divine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SuperHeroes and Child Abuse   SuperHeroes and Child Abuse I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 6:29 pm

Smile

Yeah, but now I worry about Shut Up and why he might think his name is appropriate for him. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SuperHeroes and Child Abuse   SuperHeroes and Child Abuse I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 10:44 pm

maybe he should be called SPEAK-UP instead?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SuperHeroes and Child Abuse   SuperHeroes and Child Abuse I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SuperHeroes and Child Abuse
Page 1 of 1