Heroes Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Network for Real Life Superheroes to have a place to socialize, network, and also teach and learn from each other.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Introduction Wedjat

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wedjat

Wedjat

Titles : RLSH

Introduction Wedjat Empty
PostSubject: Introduction Wedjat   Introduction Wedjat I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 11:48 pm

Hi, Im Wedjat. Wedjat is the term for the Egyptian heiroglyphic symbol of the all seeing eye of Horus. Im from northern NJ and have been active for about 10 years. Like Master Legend I was born with a veil. Sometimes thats an asset sometimes it isnt. My inlvolvement started when my apartment was flooded out during hurricane floyd in 1999...and I felt helpless...for 2 reasons...1) I WAS helpless...and 2) I was helpless...BECAUSE I was unprepared. I resolved to BE prepared in the future. I took training in everything from fire suppression and 1st aid to bomb recognition and search and rescue. This took awhile and during the time in between...9/11 happened. My 1st instinct was to get over to NYC ASAP and help...SOMEHOW. Because my training wasnt complete I had no official OEM ID...so I was a "nobody" and they wouldnt let me get into NYC. I STILL helped in a few ways and didnt feel totally helpless but still felt I could have done more. My town is 1 square mile and is surrounded by several towns, one of which is a really run down ghetto area and has a lot of gang activity. People filter in and do various acts of criminal nature ranging from vandalism to car jacking at gunpoint and even some murders. I am extremely active in town activities and have been for quite some time and have always considered myself "on patrol" whether im in a suit or not and whatever my location happens to be. Ive helped people in horrible accidents on the highway...Ive stopped a bunch of crimes in progress and recently we had some incredibly severe flooding from hurricane Irene which innundated 3/4 of my entire town. I live in a large apartment complex. During Hurricane floyd 11 buildings in the complex lost all the ground floor apartments to flooding including the 3 in my building. THIS TIME I was prepared and took action. I saved the 3 apartments in my building AFTER the management told us to evacuate because they had written the buildings off...ignoring the fact that the tennants would lose most everything they owned. This time 30 apartments were a total loss. ONLY 3 were untouched....OUR 3! We had power...we had pumps and hoses and the materials needed to hold the water from getting in. When the management came around with the insurance inspector...they couldnt BELIEVE we stopped the water from getting in and insisted on SEEING 1st hand that there was no damage....made them look like inept jerks. I accomplish a LOT with limited resources. Im looking to meet up with other RLSH or ALT X tipes in my area to perhaps form a team in order to expand what can be done safely.
Back to top Go down
Captain Knight

Captain Knight

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Wedjat   Introduction Wedjat I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 11:54 pm

Welcome to the network Wedjat A great story, It is always good to see a sense of civility. One of us!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Wedjat   Introduction Wedjat I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 12:55 am

It's great to see you here on the Heroes Network.

ONE OF US! group
Back to top Go down
Tothian
President & Founder of the Heroes Network
Tothian

Titles : Real Life Superhero, Marine Corps Veteran, Warrior
Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Wedjat   Introduction Wedjat I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 1:07 am

Wedjat!

It's good to finally see you on here, welcome to the Heroes Network! One of us!

And thanks for sharing your story with us. I hope you enjoy our awesome new forum.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Tothian.com
Wedjat

Wedjat

Titles : RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Wedjat   Introduction Wedjat I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 5:10 pm

Thanx for the welcome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Wedjat   Introduction Wedjat I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 8:34 pm

No problem. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

Titles : Real Life Superhero, Marine Corps Veteran, Warrior
Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Wedjat   Introduction Wedjat I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 8:35 pm

No problem. I hope you enjoy the forum.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Tothian.com

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Wedjat   Introduction Wedjat I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 10:18 pm

helping others is what it's about,nice job wedjat. WELCOME TO THE NEW "HN"! sword horse
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduction Wedjat   Introduction Wedjat I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introduction Wedjat
Page 1 of 1