Heroes Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Network for Real Life Superheroes to have a place to socialize, network, and also teach and learn from each other.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Superhero Registration act

Go down 
+2
Tothian
Hexx
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Would you do it or no?
Yes
Superhero Registration act I_vote_lcap7%Superhero Registration act I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
No
Superhero Registration act I_vote_lcap93%Superhero Registration act I_vote_rcap
 93% [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage

Superhero Registration act Empty
PostSubject: Superhero Registration act   Superhero Registration act I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 3:25 pm

Opening senerio

A team of RLSHs goes all out vigilante and as a result lots of innocent people are hurt in the crossfire between the said superheroes and a street gang

As a result the governments decide that ALL RLSHs must be registered and licenced and under their control

How would you vote for this new law?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Registration act   Superhero Registration act I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 7:37 pm

first off,I don't think the government would cut such a deal. They do in comic books cuz the heroes have vast superpowers,but in real life they would just outlaw us with some kind zero tolerence law & be done with it. but for the sake of this thread...I'd say my vote would go with the majority & what's best for me & my fellow friends.
Back to top Go down
Hexx

Hexx

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Registration act   Superhero Registration act I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 5:15 am

I agree... them trying to deal with a whole bunch of pissed off people capable of melting their faces is way harder to deal with then us... they'd just push through and then enforce a law to get rid of us... I would be against any kind of registration though for the same reason Captain America did... It's taking away civil liberties and hurting people who are honestly just out to help others... If we did enough to piss off a gang so bad it turns into a war front, they probobly would do whatever they could to make us pay and with the whole idea of de-masking it gives them the oppertunity to no who we are and anything else they would need
Back to top Go down
Tothian
President & Founder of the Heroes Network
Tothian

Titles : Real Life Superhero, Marine Corps Veteran, Warrior
Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Registration act   Superhero Registration act I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:52 pm

Polarman,

First off - just wanted to let you know that I was able to add a Poll to this thread - since I'm guessing that that's what you were wanting - for future reference, if you'd like to start a poll, when you click to start writing a new thread, just scroll down, and the options are there - you can even choose to have multiple choice or no, or, if you want people to be able to cancel their votes if they'd like. I hope you don't mind, I edited this thread for you - just to add a poll here, since this is a section for Polls. I didn't allow multiple choice since I only put 2 answers, and I allowed vote cancelling, in case anyone changes their minds.

Anyway, I couldn't support such a plan, because it would be going against the whole idea of what I stand for in the first place, as far as being Tothian. Individuality and self-expression.

I was in the Marines, but that's an organization with leaders, and ranks. It's a paying job. I don't regret doing it, because it contributed a lot to who I am, through knowledge, training, and experience. But that doesn't define me entirely.

I wouldn't even mind being certified as a Private Investigator and Bounty Hunter. Because that's allowing me to do more things as a Private Investigator and Bounty Hunter.

But, part of the reason I chose to be who I am, as opposed to staying in the military, was because I can be myself. Operate my own time, randomly, mysteriously.

Such a Registration, if it ever were possible, would have it's advantages, just as a P.I. would. And it could be a combination of certifications. Private Investigator/Private Detective, Bounty Hunter, First Aid/CPR/Lifeguard Certified, Martial Arts Trained, also the subject of Concealed Weapons License would be a relevant subject as well. Things like that. But, as a "Superhero" - it's so hard to define, because the idea of being a Superhero - while usually either falling in to the category of fighting evil, or saving lives - and things along the lines of that, can be defined in so many different ways.

I also came up with my theory about the different forms of fighting evil, based on the 4 elements, and other elements mixed of the 4. So, there couldn't be one set standard for everyone to follow. Individuality and self-expression are very important. Standards limit those things.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Tothian.com

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Registration act   Superhero Registration act I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 9:55 pm

I wanted to vote "HELL, no!" I'll go Rorcharch before I go Knite-Owl.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Registration act   Superhero Registration act I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 1:16 am

Geist wrote:
I'll go Rorcharch before I go Knite-Owl.

Y'see, Geist. That's the difference between you and Silk Spectre II.

Superhero Registration act 3077217049
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Registration act   Superhero Registration act I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 6:20 am

No law would change my appearance,this is who I am until I end up in a box.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Registration act   Superhero Registration act I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 6:43 am

Red Vision,

Yeah - that would make any police officers who gets on someone for dressing like a superhero - the fashion police. *Thumbs Down*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Registration act   Superhero Registration act I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:01 pm

don't they have better things to do?lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Registration act   Superhero Registration act I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 3:38 am

There is no way anyone can tell people what not to wear, or to not help people. That wrong on so many levels.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Registration act   Superhero Registration act I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 4:55 am

Red Vision,
Yeah - like go after the REAL bad guys - and not people who are doing things that do in the long run make their jobs easier - and safer. And even in the possibility that they were ever to do something like this - why not go after gangs instead? They're not already doing things to make their communities safer - they're making things worse.

ShowStopper,
Yes. Exactly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Registration act   Superhero Registration act I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 10:50 am

I agree,except in the case where the law has been broken.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Registration act   Superhero Registration act I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 4:34 pm

How about this then

The above happened The RLSHs got outed as a bunch of vigilantes after a group went all out vigilantes and Lex Luthor used this as a platform to win his seat as the President of the USA and order all RLSHs to sign up or face the charges

Marvel Civil War with President Luthor heading the Superhero Registration act
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Registration act   Superhero Registration act I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 7:46 pm

again the principals as b4.lol!
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Registration act   Superhero Registration act I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 8:28 pm

Polarman,
Yeah and also another flawed idea with that, is what about the RLSH in other countries that aren't in the U.S.A.? They couldn't be held under those same rules, unless their countries made similar rules too. Or, if the U.N. got involved. And, the RLSH Community is so diverse from each other, that it'd be harder to define it in to one classification or set of classifications. In order for them to effectively enforce this, they would need to control fashion (thus earlier reference to the fashion police), prevent people from doing good things for others/doing the right thing. Once they would prevent heroism, or try to control it, that would allow for villainy, and once people caught on to the disadvantages of this, the politicians who enforced these laws would be voted out of office.

Red Vision,
LOL no way!
Back to top Go down
NightKick Nash

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Registration act   Superhero Registration act I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 3:42 pm

The Thing is we can do want we want wether they like it or not

if they pass such laws i would never follow that though we would be breaking the law and therefore we would be failing to do what we vowed to to which is to stop people from breaking the law

But still a NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Registration act   Superhero Registration act I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 3:52 pm

I never vowed to stop people from breaking the law. That's exactly one of the biggest reasons why I didn't become a Cop. Because of the fact that laws can change, but what is right or wrong can not change. I decide what I will fight for, not the law books. That's not to say that I want to go against it, but my allegiance isn't to the law. My allegiance is to what I deem morally right, and to the people.

My duty is to simply protect people, and fight evil. And of course to do my part to help this Community.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Registration act   Superhero Registration act I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 4:33 pm

Laws were put into place originally to protect people. But now there are so many, there are laws to protect people from other laws. A person has to understand that to be morally right, sometimes you have to break a few rules. Otherwise, this happens:

Superhero Registration act Internet-memes-george-is-a-hero

Yes, he followed all the rules. But someone was killed because he didn't put morals above the rules!
Back to top Go down
Green Avenger

Green Avenger

Titles : leader of the gardner alpha

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Registration act   Superhero Registration act I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 2:15 am

this was a plot in a DC movie called Batman and Superman public enemy was it not? lex luthor became president and had something similar happening right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Registration act   Superhero Registration act I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 2:58 am

it was a plot in a comic,I think?
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Registration act   Superhero Registration act I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 3:32 am

I heard President Lex Luthor got impeached, and either removed from office, or that he had to resign.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Registration act   Superhero Registration act I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 3:46 am

IDK? I did'nt read the book.lol
Back to top Go down
Blackout

Blackout

Titles : The Spider-man guy, the talking shadow, Blackout, the man on the can

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Registration act   Superhero Registration act I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 5:13 am

It's simple, really... Look, if we do anything "heroic", and I'm talking everything from getting a cat out of a tree (come on, no one's above that!) to helping an old lady across the street... to disrupting a street fight, or robbery... it's considered to be many things; "heroic", "insane"; you get the picture.

Do "heroic" things wearing a mask and/or suit, and even the simplest of these services draws both charisma and objection. Masks to begin with are very frowned upon by the authorities. They're not illegal, but do anything suspicious and you can bet you're being watched.

Truth-be-told, the concept of a Registration Act is a fascinating examination, but ultimately the result will likely be the same as it exists now: masks will be both supported and challenged by citizens and authorities alike.

At least with no such limitation in existence, we don't have to face persecution for simply wearing a mask.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Registration act   Superhero Registration act I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 6:24 am

It wouldn't affect me doing this if it were a mask thing (although it would bother me a great deal, because many of my friends in this community wear masks). Then again, even if they ever did do that, I wonder what could be done to go around that. Even as something as simple as a hoodie and/or goggles.

From the little bit I know about this, from the little bits I gather, Marvel had this Registration Act for those with powers. But, I think in The Watchmen, which was DC, it had to do with those who wore masks and fought crime. So, in real life in such an unlikely scenario, they'd more likely go with the DC way. But, as far as helping people, there are actually some laws that legally require people to come to the aid of people in distress. Called the Duty to Rescue.

So, while I'm more of a Libertarian when it comes to government power/control/regulations, I'd say why would any government even try to consider illegalizing heroic deeds, while not even considering making it mandatory to do what one can to come to the aid of others in need. Not that I'm ever thinking anything should be legally mandatory, but rather universally accepted that it be morally mandatory to help others in need.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Registration act   Superhero Registration act I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 1:15 am

ditto.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Registration act   Superhero Registration act I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Superhero Registration act
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next