Heroes Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Network for Real Life Superheroes to have a place to socialize, network, and also teach and learn from each other.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

c0r3

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
c0r3

c0r3

c0r3 Empty
PostSubject: c0r3   c0r3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 11:05 am

Hero Network,

I am c0r3. Originally I posted an introduction on the Master Legend forum since ML was geographically closest to me. Rev. Tothian suggested that I introduce myself to this larger community and after some consideration I have decided to do so. Here is some of my relevant background:

I have 25 years of martial arts training, 20 years of firearms
training, and am an IT professional who can not talk about work. I live
in a well populated area swarming with gang activity and crime of all
sorts. I want to share ideas and experience. I want to offer my skill
set. I intend to support this community.

Here are some of the things I offer to the community:
Video lessons of fighting with many different types of weaponry.
IT services. Hosting, webpage development, programming, security, and reconnaissance (only the legal kind.)
Ballistic expertise, anything you need to know about firearms. I do some gunsmithing and reloading.

I
made the decision to raise a family so I don't go patrolling much. But
I still respond to frequent calls to help people out with domestic
situations, private investigation, and calls to aid the needy. I can
answer those calls, and I can support the community of those who
actively go out. Please put me to use.

Kindly,
c0r3
Back to top Go down

c0r3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: c0r3   c0r3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 11:41 am

Quite the skillset. I think everyone's glad that you do what you can.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
President & Founder of the Heroes Network
Tothian

Titles : Real Life Superhero, Marine Corps Veteran, Warrior
Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

c0r3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: c0r3   c0r3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 3:27 pm

c0r3,

You definitely have a lot of good skills that would be very helpful to this community. As far as patrolling goes - I always view it more as a way of life than like a job. And it seems many already do patrol without even realizing it, since there are different ways of going about doing so.

Anyway, thanks for joining us. Welcome to the Heroes Network!

One of us!

PS, I'm going to check your email right now and see if I can go about fixing your avatar, as requested. Sorry for the delay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Tothian.com
Tothian
Tothian

Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

c0r3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: c0r3   c0r3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 3:36 pm

Oh wait a second - I just now noticed it and not sure why I didn't a few minutes ago - but what ever it was you did, the avatar you wanted to use works now.
Back to top Go down

c0r3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: c0r3   c0r3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 4:00 pm

It's great to have you here on the HN. I'm sure we can all learn from what you want to share with us, and we hope you can learn and have fun here, too.

I'm sure you'll like the Computer Security section, as well as the Weapons, Uniforms, Armor, Tools, Technology Section.

Welcome the the Heroes Network.

ONE OF US! group
Back to top Go down
c0r3

c0r3

c0r3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: c0r3   c0r3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 4:30 pm

So far, I'm quite at home here. Thank you for maintaining such a positive community.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

c0r3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: c0r3   c0r3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 5:01 pm

c0r3,

That's good - that's the exact type of environment we're wanting to promote here. To bring back and maintain the Spirit of Camaraderie in the Real Life Superhero Community.

Also - I forget if I told you yet or not, but I'm planning on having both a conference call and chatroom meeting on January 2nd and January 3rd, any time preferably all day both days. The chatroom is on the bottom of the main part of the forum, and info on the conference line number and access code is on this thread Here
Back to top Go down
c0r3

c0r3

c0r3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: c0r3   c0r3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 5:02 pm

What time of day?
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

c0r3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: c0r3   c0r3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 5:07 pm

They can be at any time, when ever you're online. You could just pop in and see if anyone is there. If not, I'll probably make a thread in general discussions about it, with an update of who is all there and anything interesting talked about, and stuff like that.

Also, how do you pronounce your name? When I first saw it, it reminded me of the droids from Star Wars, like R2D2 and C3PO.
Back to top Go down
c0r3

c0r3

c0r3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: c0r3   c0r3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 5:47 pm

Pronounce it Core.

Its an awful RLSH name, but it was branded to me way before RLSH was a concept. Talking about origins in another thread got me thinking. You know, some people are RLSH because they are dedicated to bringing the super hero concept to life. Others are because they have those same ideals and do the same things regurdless of if realize they are very RLSH or not. I never originally though myself RLSH, I'm not really into comics (not since I was 12. I kinda thought they were a rip off when they started costing $2 to be honest.) But I get this feeling that I belong in the community and fit into it somehow. So far I only see more evidance that this is true as I observe more of what is going on here.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

c0r3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: c0r3   c0r3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 6:05 pm

Oh okay.

And the same thing goes with my name and even my symbol and suit and everything. It has very little to do with doing this just to look and be like a comic book character. It's really just my own individual form of self-expression. Coincidentally, I see comic books more as "Art Imitating Life" rather than us as "Life Imitating Art". Especially since I too was doing this and went by this name, long before there was an RLSH Community.

So, while you may not see it as interesting - the fact that it really is something you genuinely are because that's who you are - and not just because you're trying to look or feel like a comic book character - makes it all the more interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

c0r3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: c0r3   c0r3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

c0r3
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heroes Network :: INTRODUCTION CATEGORY :: Introductions-
Jump to: