Heroes Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Network for Real Life Superheroes to have a place to socialize, network, and also teach and learn from each other.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blue Beacon

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BlueBeacon

Blue Beacon Empty
PostSubject: Blue Beacon   Blue Beacon I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 12:23 am

Hi, everyone! After reading about RLSHs for a few years, I finally decided to don the proverbial mask last May.  My superhero platform revolves mostly around volunteer work, raising community awareness for local causes, and getting kids interested in random acts of kindness and service work.  I launched in 2013 with my "Superhero for a Month" campaign, during which I "saved the world on my lunch break" every day for a month, spending my lunch hour at a different non-profit, then writing about the experiences in my blog Candid Slice.  (www.candidslice.com)

I still volunteer regularly as Blue Beacon and use my "secret identity" (it's not really a secret, though) to get preschool and elementary-aged kids excited about the difference they can make in the world.  I also give community talks on the topic of superheroes and volunteering, and I'm prone to taking road trips across country and visiting non-profits all along the way.  Here's a community talk I gave at a convention in downtown.  It may explain why I do what I do better than this post.

http://www.candidslice.com/heather-speaks-at-pecha-kucha-raleigh-durham-and-chapel-hill-on-her-experience-of-being-a-superhero/

And whether in costume or not, I spend a lot of time focusing on community-building and writing about worthy causes (and sometimes video games) on my blog.

It's an honor to meet and mingle with each and every one of you inspirational people!  And I'm proud to be one of you.  Let's work together to improve the world!
Back to top Go down

Blue Beacon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Beacon   Blue Beacon I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 12:31 am

Welcome to the Heroes Network.

ONE OF US! group
Back to top Go down
Backup

Backup

Blue Beacon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Beacon   Blue Beacon I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 5:41 am

Welcome, Blue Beacon!

Just watched the community talk, awesome!

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/call_backup
Tothian
President & Founder of the Heroes Network
President & Founder of the Heroes Network
Tothian

Titles : Real Life Superhero, Marine Corps Veteran, Warrior
Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

Blue Beacon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Beacon   Blue Beacon I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 7:51 pm

Blue Beacon,

Welcome to the Heroes Network! One of us!

Also, costumes are for trick or treaters and actors. Usually referencing for pretend. But, I see the RLSH's as the identities they create - and very often their most true selves. I more-so think of them as anything but the c-word, like a suit, uniform, gear, attire, outfit, armor, etc.

Anyway, that stuff that you got to do is very cool!

I hope you find the HN to be fun and useful and stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Tothian.com
DarkShadow
Former Vice President of the Heroes Network
Former Vice President of the Heroes Network
DarkShadow

Titles : The Umbra Obscurum, DS, The DarkShadow, He who wields the Blade of the Whirlwind, the Lightning Blade

Blue Beacon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Beacon   Blue Beacon I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 8:31 pm

Welcome aboard.

DarkShadow Rising...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Blue Beacon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Beacon   Blue Beacon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blue Beacon
Page 1 of 1