Heroes Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Network for Real Life Superheroes to have a place to socialize, network, and also teach and learn from each other.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pope is a RLSH too :)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tothian
President & Founder of the Heroes Network
Tothian

Titles : Real Life Superhero, Marine Corps Veteran, Warrior
Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

Pope is a RLSH too :) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pope is a RLSH too :)   Pope is a RLSH too :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 3:28 am

If I saw a flying octopus floating down the street singing La Bamba, I would know it was true. I could tell you about it and insist that it's true. You don't have to believe me but I know what I see.

There is a Bible verse that kind of explains this

St. John 20:24-31

24 But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.
25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.
26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.
27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
30 And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book:
31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Tothian.com

PostSubject: Re: Pope is a RLSH too :)   Pope is a RLSH too :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 4:39 am

That's a very beautiful piece; it explains my reasoning pretty well. I am Thomas; if I was showed God was real, and saw it with my own eyes, I would believe. Until then all I can do is guess. I don't feel comfortable forming beliefs without something to base them on. Others believe and trust much more easily while still others require a bit more convincing due to their own experiences.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

Titles : Real Life Superhero, Marine Corps Veteran, Warrior
Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

PostSubject: Re: Pope is a RLSH too :)   Pope is a RLSH too :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 5:53 am

But then read verse 29 again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Tothian.com

PostSubject: Re: Pope is a RLSH too :)   Pope is a RLSH too :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 7:58 am

I got that part. I can't do it though. Blessed they may be, but does that mean I am sinful and wrong for not being able to believe unless I see it for myself? All it means to me is the person who believed who had not seen is more gullible than I am. I leave my mind open to any possibility; I simply don't have the information to form a logical conclusion, and so I suspend for myself the question of religion until the time comes, if ever, that I find a definite answer that makes logical sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pope is a RLSH too :)   Pope is a RLSH too :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pope is a RLSH too :)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2