Heroes Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Network for Real Life Superheroes to have a place to socialize, network, and also teach and learn from each other.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heroes on Parade - Calling All RLSH

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GoldenAerie2

GoldenAerie2

Titles : Formerly Raven

Heroes on Parade - Calling All RLSH Empty
PostSubject: Heroes on Parade - Calling All RLSH   Heroes on Parade - Calling All RLSH I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 12:22 am

Heroes on Parade is an online event for this forum. It's function is to encourage everyone to get a move on with their uniform construction and to, on July 4th, post a picture of the final product. It's meant as encouragement, a reason to share suit construction ideas, and to get everyone motivated. It's not a competition, simply a way to display our hard work to each other. If things go well, if this helps get you motivated, maybe we can do it again. We'll have to talk to Tothian.

FAQ
1. Where is it?
It's online. It's here on the forum. On July 4th, we'll post a thread called Heroes on Parade that we can all submit pictures to.

2. What if my suit isn't finished?
Post anyway. We want to see what you're working on.

3. So the gist of this is taking a photo of our RLSH uniforms and posting them on July 4th?
Yes. Exactly.

4. Why is it called a "parade"?
Part of the definition for Parade is "a pompous show or exhibition". That's what this is.

5. Why should I participate?
This is designed to inspire and to motivate. There are new RLSH out there who need some inspiration. Some folks just need a good kick in the pants to get to work on their uniforms. I know that plenty of people on the forum are in the middle of working on their suits, so its nice to have a deadline to work with. ...and its just fun.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Heroes on Parade - Calling All RLSH Heroes12
Back to top Go down
http://time4heroics.blogspot.com/
DarkShadow
Former Vice President of the Heroes Network
Former Vice President of the Heroes Network
DarkShadow

Titles : The Umbra Obscurum, DS, The DarkShadow, He who wields the Blade of the Whirlwind, the Lightning Blade

PostSubject: Re: Heroes on Parade - Calling All RLSH   Heroes on Parade - Calling All RLSH I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 12:39 am

I like this idea. I'm in.

DarkShadow Rising...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heroes on Parade - Calling All RLSH   Heroes on Parade - Calling All RLSH I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 1:02 pm

I'm in as well
I'm not currently
Working on any new outfits
So Ill try with what I already
Have
Back to top Go down
The Grandmaster

The Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Heroes on Parade - Calling All RLSH   Heroes on Parade - Calling All RLSH I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 2:51 pm

I'm currently raising money so I can construct my uniform. That and I'm still getting help getting you my measurements so you can finish the patterns for it.
Back to top Go down
The Wall Creeper

The Wall Creeper

Titles : Veteran Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Heroes on Parade - Calling All RLSH   Heroes on Parade - Calling All RLSH I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 1:01 am

This is a really great idea. Count me in! Some of these ideas you guys are all pulling out...This, Herolinux, etc...I'm impressed. We all need to also get to know each other better so we can be a family-type unit, even if we remain anonymous to each other forever.
Back to top Go down
GoldenAerie2

GoldenAerie2

PostSubject: Re: Heroes on Parade - Calling All RLSH   Heroes on Parade - Calling All RLSH I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 11:36 pm

Three more weeks!  Get your uniforms ready!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heroes on Parade - Calling All RLSH   Heroes on Parade - Calling All RLSH I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 4:58 am

I was thinking of getting a new outfit, but I also like the one I currently have. This one changes colors. In sunlight, it's blinding, and the cape looks like fire roaring behind me if it's windy, awesome effect when it's both at the same time. XD My actual Uniform though, is my firefighting PPE; my tights are just that...tights. And, there's no other exactly like it, so there is absolutely no uniformity involved. I'm not a superhero as a profession (well, I am, but...you know what I mean), but as Hero Man, I'm just a helpful citizen having fun with my friends and family and connecting with my community. I'm not a part of any organization or team, or agency as Hero Man whereas as John I am part of all three on a day to day basis professionally. I'm not doing it selflessly, I'm making great money doing this, but we all wear the exact same thing; no individuality, pure uniformity. Hero Man is pure individuality and next to no uniformity. So yeah....kinda of a misnomer if you ask me. But whatevs. Smile

After ai get a couple more paychecks I should have enough to have the new Hero Man outfit made, but I was told it would take at least sixty days for everything to be completed by design. It's pretty pricey too, but I think it's worth it; sort of a childhood dream of mine. This current outfit is just a few things thrown together and fairly cheaply made and has almost a Kick-Ass feel to it because it looks really retro/homemade. The new one will look much more professional and will be an exact replica of my original vision in my head; this current one strafted waaay more different than I had hoped, but it still looks pretty cool, and will definitely not be thrown out. I'll just put it in my newly beginning Trophy Room like in the batcave sorta....only it's beginning to just sort of becoming....my bedroom. I just hang crap on the walls that I think is cool and hang-worthy. Like a large american flag printed on the inner folds of a newspaper, all spread out; the newspaper has sort of an age old worn out look to it, and feels very delicate in your hands. Hence why I decided to hang it on a wall haha. Then my Hero Boy Outfit, then my Firefighter Certficate, some newspaper clippings, (I can't really go into the information written on the newsaper clippings; I'd just rather not as it's of a sensitive personal nature, but mention-worthy as it pertains to an ongoing mission of mine; I like having stuff up on my wall and occasionally when I'm in Deep Thought Mode or whatever I'll start stringing dental floss and then my brain just sort of zones out and my body goes on autopilot and I see flashes of images and hear voices and flashes of color and sometimes I forget to breathe but after it's passed I just suddenly know the answers. It's sort of weird. I'm wondering if it was something that wa slike...programmed into me or something back at the School. Some funky new ability they wanted to work the kinks out of. (I'd say there's still a few kinks...in case any mad scientists are reading, you know, so that ou can hurry the hell up and stop torturing kids in the name of sience and all, but you knwo, whatever. I'll be watching you. -_- )

And yeah....I got off topic, soryr, my brain is in autopilot right now, I just got off work, I'm always a little...well, kinda in a mild state of shock from all the stress and danger and excitement, unless it's on a boring day. Then it's depressing. Sad

But I'm happy currently. Very Happy

Shock is startinhg to ware off hehehe XD

Stay true. Stay free. Stay safe.

--Hero Man
Back to top Go down
GoldenAerie2

GoldenAerie2

PostSubject: Re: Heroes on Parade - Calling All RLSH   Heroes on Parade - Calling All RLSH I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 10:38 am

Seems like it should be exciting with that fire at 16m CHSR raging on.  Stay safe.

You should still participate, just use what you have now.  Its a good suit.
Back to top Go down
GoldenAerie2

GoldenAerie2

PostSubject: Re: Heroes on Parade - Calling All RLSH   Heroes on Parade - Calling All RLSH I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 12:53 pm

One more week!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heroes on Parade - Calling All RLSH   Heroes on Parade - Calling All RLSH I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heroes on Parade - Calling All RLSH
Page 1 of 1