Heroes Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Network for Real Life Superheroes to have a place to socialize, network, and also teach and learn from each other.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Report: WA cops should 'restrict' superheroes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GoldenAerie2

GoldenAerie2

Titles : Formerly Raven

Report: WA cops should 'restrict' superheroes  Empty
PostSubject: Report: WA cops should 'restrict' superheroes    Report: WA cops should 'restrict' superheroes  I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 1:15 pm

(video footage at url)

by ERIC WILKINSON / KING 5 News

Posted on April 27, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Updated
Saturday, Apr 27 at 3:53 PM

SEATTLE -- Self-styled superhero
Phoenix Jones patrolled the streets of Seattle's University District
Friday with thoughts of last year's May Day melee fresh in his mind.

“Someone threw something that exploded and it caught fire in front of
the court house,” he recalled. “That's when knew this is it. We can't
retreat.”

Jones jumped into action last May Day as anarchist rioters tried to
storm the old Federal Court House. Jones and his small band of caped
crusaders repelled the advancing anarchists, and he said he'll do it
again.

“The police had to stand down and were not allowed to do anything. We
didn't stand down and we did something. We will act,” Jones said.

One major review of SPD's response to last year's May Day riots
concluded the department should “restrict superheroes from … interfering
with law enforcement operations.” The report was written by former Los
Angles Police Deputy Chief Michael Hillmann. It essentially said Phoenix
Jones should stick to the comic book stores.

Jones posted a video railing against the report.

“I am super mad!” He shouts to the camera, adding, “Michael Hillmann, I
hope your kids don't have Batman posters in their house because you are a
superhero hater!”

In what is, no doubt, the first ever claim of its kind, Jones said he's
being discriminated against because he is a superhero and chooses to put
himself in harm’s way to fight for what is right. He believes the only
thing that differentiates him from any other Good Samaritan is his
crimefighter suit.

“So, being a hero on accident is OK, but when you go out to be a hero on
purpose, you're bad. That doesn't make sense,” said Jones.

Should the forces of anarchy rear their heads again next week, Jones
said he’ll be ready. This year, he said about two dozen others will join
forces to form their own “Justice League” -- should the "mayday" call
go out.

“If we see something, we're gonna go into the crowd, find the guy that
did it and hold him down until the police show up,” said Jones.

An SPD spokesman says the department has no plans to restrict Jones, or
any law abiding citizen, during the May Day demonstrations.
Back to top Go down
http://time4heroics.blogspot.com/
Tothian
President & Founder of the Heroes Network
Tothian

Titles : Real Life Superhero, Marine Corps Veteran, Warrior
Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

PostSubject: Re: Report: WA cops should 'restrict' superheroes    Report: WA cops should 'restrict' superheroes  I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 11:28 pm

Raven wrote:
“So, being a hero on accident is OK, but when you go out to be a hero on purpose, you're bad. That doesn't make sense,” said Jones.

Excellent quote.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Tothian.com
The Wall Creeper

The Wall Creeper

Titles : Veteran Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Report: WA cops should 'restrict' superheroes    Report: WA cops should 'restrict' superheroes  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 12:34 pm

I love how the last person to speak about crime prevention (like the Mayor of New York after Colorado's Aurora theater shooting, and this LAPD deputy chief), is the first to speak out against people actively changing and going against crime on their own. L.A. is one of the very worst crime ridden cities, with one of the most corrupt police forces, and yet here is, speaking out about something that has nothing to do with him or his department. I'd be mad too.

Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

PostSubject: Re: Report: WA cops should 'restrict' superheroes    Report: WA cops should 'restrict' superheroes  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 3:22 am

Wall Creeper,

The Mayor of New York City is actually a real life Supervillain. I can't find where he stated it once, but actually stated that he did not agree that real life Superheroes should do this, and to just leave it to the police. That alone doesn't make him a supervillain. It makes him an asshole. (That is not debatable). But he also supports policies that violate our freedom to protect ourselves and those we care about, which actually makes society more dangerous. And he does it through lies and deception.

I also hate when they make contradicting statements like "Gun Safety Law" - that would be like calling a 1,000 lb person healthy. Or when they call a weapon illegal. It is as stupid as blaming a fork or spoon for obesity. I better keep quiet, before the liberals try to take away our forks and spoons and try to get us to eat only with our hands.
Back to top Go down
Anubis

Anubis

PostSubject: Re: Report: WA cops should 'restrict' superheroes    Report: WA cops should 'restrict' superheroes  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 10:49 pm

Where is his video response? I hope he wasn't ranting, that tends to make them ignore you.

And also, I think we are a very necessary element.

We don't face the same restrictions law enforcement do. Instead of working against us they should work with us.

Back to top Go down
The Wall Creeper

The Wall Creeper

Titles : Veteran Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Report: WA cops should 'restrict' superheroes    Report: WA cops should 'restrict' superheroes  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 1:34 pm

Agreed Tothian and Anubis.

It's utter bullshit. The government and its officials do NOT HAVE THE RIGHT to restrict freedoms of expression in a reasonable sense. We don't typically go around breaking laws, and we have every right to fight crime as we please and help out. The fact that these clowns are even trying to suggest that they have the power to restrict people like us, is 1: comical. We'll do it anyway. 2: seriously disgusting. You don't have the power, and if you try it, you're in for a rather nasty surprise.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: Report: WA cops should 'restrict' superheroes    Report: WA cops should 'restrict' superheroes  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 11:25 pm

Anubis and Wall Creeper,

Good points!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Report: WA cops should 'restrict' superheroes    Report: WA cops should 'restrict' superheroes  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 4:24 am

Phoenix told me a while back that they're going to crack down on RLSHs. He was taking it to the extreme, to parallel it with Marvel's Civil Wars or the Keane act from Watchmen. I hear this is happening in Great Britain now. Be on your guard and remain completely legal, Folks...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Report: WA cops should 'restrict' superheroes    Report: WA cops should 'restrict' superheroes  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 4:32 am

I don't think there's a law against RLSH harassment. YET...
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: Report: WA cops should 'restrict' superheroes    Report: WA cops should 'restrict' superheroes  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 12:36 am

Geist wrote:
Phoenix told me a while back that they're going to crack down on RLSHs. He was taking it to the extreme, to parallel it with Marvel's Civil Wars or the Keane act from Watchmen. I hear this is happening in Great Britain now. Be on your guard and remain completely legal, Folks...
You know Phoenix the one from Baltimore is going to come in here and told you he never said that, right?

It's alright. I know you mean Phoenix Jones. Haha.

I'm totally on Captain America's side with that.
Back to top Go down
Aftershock

Aftershock

Titles : Katalyst

PostSubject: Re: Report: WA cops should 'restrict' superheroes    Report: WA cops should 'restrict' superheroes  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 8:48 pm

This KEENE ACT better never come into play here in Canada. I don't care if they make a law saying that "No citizen is legally allowed to wear a mask in public", that's fine, I'll take my mask off. It's just to protect my face from injury and raise awareness anyways. But don't think I'll EVER stop being a RLSH. As long as there's evil, there'll be good. As long as there's apathy, there'll be empathy. And as long as I'm still breathing, there'll be me, helping my fellow man. I will never compromise on this, not even in the face of Armageddon.
Back to top Go down
http://thekatalysts.webs.com
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: Report: WA cops should 'restrict' superheroes    Report: WA cops should 'restrict' superheroes  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 12:40 am

Aftershock wrote:
This KEENE ACT better never come into play here in Canada. I don't care if they make a law saying that "No citizen is legally allowed to wear a mask in public", that's fine, I'll take my mask off. It's just to protect my face from injury and raise awareness anyways. But don't think I'll EVER stop being a RLSH. As long as there's evil, there'll be good. As long as there's apathy, there'll be empathy. And as long as I'm still breathing, there'll be me, helping my fellow man. I will never compromise on this, not even in the face of Armageddon.
Well said, Aftershock!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Report: WA cops should 'restrict' superheroes    Report: WA cops should 'restrict' superheroes  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 6:15 am

There may be other ways for me to funtion
if I had to remove my mask in public I could
Go with sunshades or bike goggles and a hat
In summer and cowl in winter if this law did
Come into effect which I doubt would happen
Where I am because people can assume its
To keep my face warm and protect from the
Wind Besides lots of people wear full face
Helmets when on the bike or skidoo my
Mask could be hidden under a pair of
Sunshades
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: Report: WA cops should 'restrict' superheroes    Report: WA cops should 'restrict' superheroes  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 2:23 pm

Polarman,

Considering where you live, I couldn't see them making masks illegal. People need it there to keep the face warm.

Also, it would be based on the convenience of inconvenience of them too. Like if a lot of bad guys went around wearing them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Report: WA cops should 'restrict' superheroes    Report: WA cops should 'restrict' superheroes  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1