Heroes Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Network for Real Life Superheroes to have a place to socialize, network, and also teach and learn from each other.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forensic Files of Batman

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tothian
President & Founder of the Heroes Network
Tothian

Titles : Real Life Superhero, Marine Corps Veteran, Warrior
Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

Forensic Files of Batman Empty
PostSubject: Forensic Files of Batman   Forensic Files of Batman I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 3:40 am

I read this book early last year. For anyone who has ever liked reading Sherlock Holmes stories, these are kind of like them, in the sense that they have various stories in one novel book, but a little bit more about the scientific forensic aspect of the investigations, rather than the criminological, psychological, situational, tactical, undercover aspect that you see in so many of the Sherlock Holmes stories.

Most are narrarated by Batman, but I think one by Alfred, and even one by Commissioner Gordon. It actually teaches you about Forensics in there, while also being a fun, enjoyable read.

Forensic Files of Batman 1596871156.01._SX220_SCLZZZZZZZ_
Back to top Go down
http://www.Tothian.com

PostSubject: Re: Forensic Files of Batman   Forensic Files of Batman I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 3:42 am

That looks interesting. read
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

PostSubject: Re: Forensic Files of Batman   Forensic Files of Batman I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 5:22 am

Yep, it's very interesting. Lemme know if you read it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forensic Files of Batman   Forensic Files of Batman I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 5:14 pm

will do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forensic Files of Batman   Forensic Files of Batman I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 3:26 am

I read it, and it's very well written.

They got the methods and the information of it down really well in my opinion, as well as a story to follow in each chapter.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: Forensic Files of Batman   Forensic Files of Batman I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 3:54 am

I agree, it was.

And yes they did, it was a fun way to learn some of the basics in Forensics, as well as have several entertaining Batman stories to read. And also the fact that there was so many shorter stories (even though there were a few longer ones) made it easier for anyone to read one story at a time, and not have to worry about getting lost by forgetting different parts.
Back to top Go down
DarkShadow
Former Vice President of the Heroes Network
DarkShadow

Titles : The Umbra Obscurum, DS, The DarkShadow, He who wields the Blade of the Whirlwind, the Lightning Blade

PostSubject: Re: Forensic Files of Batman   Forensic Files of Batman I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 7:39 pm

Gonna look into this...thanks for the info Tothian.

DS out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forensic Files of Batman   Forensic Files of Batman I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 8:11 pm

Great, you won't regret it Dark Shadow.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: Forensic Files of Batman   Forensic Files of Batman I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 8:29 pm

DarkShadow,
Cool! Let me know what you think when you read it.

ShowStopper,
Yep, I think you're right.
Back to top Go down
DarkShadow
DarkShadow

Titles : The Umbra Obscurum, DS, The DarkShadow, He who wields the Blade of the Whirlwind, the Lightning Blade

PostSubject: Re: Forensic Files of Batman   Forensic Files of Batman I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 10:06 pm

Ok, I managed to borrow a copy of the book since I'm dead broke and couldn't buy a copy. (Yeah things are THAT bad for me. :-( )

First off I gotta say this, I was impressed by it and what it contained. This book is not a graphic novel that supplies illustration to the
events that take place. Rather, this is a novel that provides insight into the thorough steps Batman takes to retain the title of "World's
Greatest Detective." Written as case files, there is a detailed explanation as to how Batman gathers evidence and draws conclusion. Using the latest methods of criminologists and other crime scene investigators, Batman must make a case that will definitively prove that a criminal is guilty. The book also provides a more detailed look at forensic science as a practice today. Even Batman benefits from the advances in knowledge of forensics, ballistics, and other "crime" sciences. If you have an interest in history of unusual subjects, another cool aspect of this book is the introduction to criminology and how it has developed
over the years. What I found that also connects in the book is the effectiveness with which the superhero mythos can seem so tangible, anchored in the mechanics of the real world. Batman seems just like a detective in everyday life,
adamantly combing over a crime scene to catch a killer. It thus serves to bring Batman to life in a whole new way, making fantasy seem to be so real and feasible.

My rating...5 out of 5. It's worth it.

DS out
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: Forensic Files of Batman   Forensic Files of Batman I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 4:54 am

DarkShadow,

I'm really glad you enjoyed it! I thought that the funniest chapter was the one about profiling, and they were talking to the Joker. From what I remember, they made it sound like he had no way of being profiled, although his personality itself was something that could be classified. Probably someone that funny and antagonistic would have at some point worked in as an entertainer, most likely in Improv, and most likely been diagnosed as ADHD.

As far as the other chapters, they did teach a lot about solving murders, which is what a lot of the cases were. I remember in one of them, he was actively looking for a serial killer by observing the patterns and deducing the killer's modus operandi.

And yes, it was good that they did teach about things that contributed to the study of Forensics, in addition to being entertaining as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forensic Files of Batman   Forensic Files of Batman I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 11:31 pm

sounds like a good book.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: Forensic Files of Batman   Forensic Files of Batman I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 11:44 pm

Yep! I hadn't seen it at any of the bookstores, but, you could find it online.

Lemme know if/when you do decide to read it, and your thoughts on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forensic Files of Batman   Forensic Files of Batman I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 4:16 pm

ok
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forensic Files of Batman   Forensic Files of Batman I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 9:27 pm

Cool, I can't wait to hear what you think of it, Red Vision.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forensic Files of Batman   Forensic Files of Batman I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 10:38 am

I might get it,we'll see?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forensic Files of Batman   Forensic Files of Batman I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 3:33 am

*Gasp!* Who do I have to kill?!? nunchucks

Thanks for sharing, Tothian; I'll definitely look for it! batman
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: Forensic Files of Batman   Forensic Files of Batman I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 2:05 am

Bat-Man,

What??? Or did you mean that like in the sense of you want that book. They don't really seem to have it in book stores  but you can find it on amazon.

And no problem!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forensic Files of Batman   Forensic Files of Batman I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 2:49 am

LOL, I was totally kidding with the who do I have to kill part; it was just a figure of seech, lol XD
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: Forensic Files of Batman   Forensic Files of Batman I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 12:26 pm

Haha oh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forensic Files of Batman   Forensic Files of Batman I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forensic Files of Batman
Page 1 of 1