Heroes Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Network for Real Life Superheroes to have a place to socialize, network, and also teach and learn from each other.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What might make you stop RLSHing?

Go down 
2 posters

What might make you give up being a Real-Life Superhero?
1. My friends and/or family find out I do this and greatly disapprove.
What might make you stop RLSHing? I_vote_lcap7%What might make you stop RLSHing? I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
2. My employer finds out I do this and tell me to stop or else...
What might make you stop RLSHing? I_vote_lcap7%What might make you stop RLSHing? I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
3. My FULL identity gets "outed" to everyone on national TV.
What might make you stop RLSHing? I_vote_lcap14%What might make you stop RLSHing? I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
4. My spine gets broken by some really big guy and now I'm in a wheelchair for life.
What might make you stop RLSHing? I_vote_lcap14%What might make you stop RLSHing? I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
5. My mentor turns to the Dark Side and wants me "out of the picture."
What might make you stop RLSHing? I_vote_lcap0%What might make you stop RLSHing? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
6. I find out that this is screwing up my social life to the point where I don't have one.
What might make you stop RLSHing? I_vote_lcap0%What might make you stop RLSHing? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
7. While doing my job and fighting a super-criminal with weird long arms, he swings at me, I dodge and he hits a chimney that crashes down on the sidewalk and it kills an innocent person.
 0% [ 0 ]
8. Suddenly I look around and see no walls. I'm homeless.
 0% [ 0 ]
9. I get arrested for a minor charge related to my activities.
 0% [ 0 ]
10. Iron Man and Mr. Fantastic tell us we all have to register or "face the consequences."
 0% [ 0 ]
11. The Keane Act is issued, making it illegal to be a RLSH.
 7% [ 1 ]
12. Assuming I have a Significant Other, he/she tells me to stop or they'll leave.
 14% [ 2 ]
13. None of these reasons are good enough.
What might make you stop RLSHing? I_vote_lcap21%What might make you stop RLSHing? I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
14. But here's one that I'll tell you that would make me stop...
 14% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage

What might make you stop RLSHing? Empty
PostSubject: What might make you stop RLSHing?   What might make you stop RLSHing? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 5:44 pm

"What might make you give up being a Real-Life Superhero?"

I realize that this is very much a "What If?" question, so I'll take your votes as "Maybe's" and we won't necessarily assume they mean "absolutely yes."

Multiple choice and please explain yourself. If I know you, "You've got a lot of 'splaining to do." Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What might make you stop RLSHing?   What might make you stop RLSHing? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 6:05 pm

I voted for 2 and 12.

2: This sort of happened to me. The important bosses at my place of employment know I do this and confronted me about it in a closed meeting, telling me it created some serious issues and that I should stop with my activities.
Knowing that I'm a somewhat valuable employee, I counter-offered saying that I would lay off the active crime-fighting (which understandably caused a huge part of the problems in their eyes) and stuck to humanitarian work in my city. They said, "Sure, that works." -Even they don't want to shut down a guy who acts sorta like everyone's Santa Claus all year.
The message they returned with was, "Fine. But stay out of the police reports."
So I have greatly altered my activities in my city. And I travel a lot more now. I get around to places like Minneapolis, Milwaukee, San Diego, etc. (wink.)
But if they ever said I totally had to stop, I guess I would. A guy's gotta work and it's a good career.

12: I don't think she ever would ask me to stop. She's very supportive of it, fortunately. I can't reveal how much. But IF she ever told me it was between her or Geist, I guess I'd have to hang up the hat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What might make you stop RLSHing?   What might make you stop RLSHing? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 7:03 pm

I voted 14.

the only reason I can think of would be...DEATH!lol
Back to top Go down
Tothian
President & Founder of the Heroes Network
Tothian

Titles : Real Life Superhero, Marine Corps Veteran, Warrior
Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

PostSubject: Re: What might make you stop RLSHing?   What might make you stop RLSHing? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 8:22 pm

The only logical choice I could choose is 13. Here's why I couldn't vote any of the others.

1- The people I truly consider my friends and family are the people who ARE supportive of who I know I am, and what I'm sent here to do.

2- Unless God told me to stop doing the very thing he created me for, and sent me here to do, I couldn't stop. But he never wrote that in to me, if he did it wouldn't make sense, so that too is irrelevant.

3- I consider Tothian to be my true identity. Anything else, I don't.

4- I try for the rest of my life with ever ounce of me to get better. In the mean time, now I'm like Professor X. I can carry a taser, pepper spray. If I can't use my arms, I can use my voice to do what little left I can do. I can do my part to offer advice to others like me. Should I be unable to do more for the rest of my life, I don't view that as the r-word that means quit. It's an irrelevant option to me. It's like when you go to sleep at night, do you consider yourself doing the r-word? (Actually, despite the fact that the r-word also means go to sleep at night, that part is irrelevant to what I'm talking about) - because if you died that night 7 hours in to your sleep, for those last 7 hours, you weren't that r-word, from being an RLSH, or doing what you do. You were just resting. Should I be in a wheelchair, I would still be Tothian, fighting evil in a different way. Fighting that evil that is keeping me from walking.

5- I just don't see this one as relevant for me.

6- LOL! This doesn't have to take away from a social life, this CAN BE our social lives. That counts as both people like us who do what we do, and also the people we encounter on patrol.

7- Making a mistake shouldn't be something that makes us stop. If anything, it should further motivate us to continue to make up for that by continuing to do good. So that nothing like that ever happens to any other innocent people.

8- Homeless people can still do good. If it's not saving someone, I once saw a homeless person who clearly didn't get to eat much regularly, share a granola bar with another homeless person. Any little bit anyone can do is better than not doing good at all.

9- That shouldn't stop someone. Just be careful to not do something that would cause that to happen.

10- If it were that corrupted to where it got to that point, then by following them in order to keep the title of RLSH, it would take away the true substance of being an RLSH. Individuality, self-expression, following our own passions, not the passions of elected officials. In my mind, doing something like that would be even more similar to quitting, than turning down their offers would.

11- Any government that makes such a law, would be evil. Plus, there's no one way to define as a whole, being an RLSH. There are many little factors which can easily be slipped through the cracks. But, I just couldn't imagine such a law ever taking place. And if it ever did, those government officials would be voted out in the next elections, and the laws would then be changed back to again allow superheroes to be superheroes.

12- I don't see this as a relevant option, neither. Not even as a hypothetical scenario. The one thing that brought ShowStopper and I together was the fact that we DO do this. This would be like saying, if green is your favorite color, then if green was actually black, would it still be your favorite color? Similar kind of idea. If you take one option from the equation, then it's no longer the same equation anymore. Thus, harder to answer accurately.

14- I just don't see quitting as a relevant scenario. I don't view this as just some type of volunteer job, I feel as though this is... "way"... is permanently written in to my spirit. The idea is perpetual. It lives on forever after we no longer live anymore. Every one of our actions can create a positive vibe which forever has an impact on the remainder of the history of the world, if you look at the Ripple Effect. The methods can change, the mission can change, but the need for us never change. Our life stories are not about what we do inside a theoretical box of being an RLSH. It's who we, the person going from box to box, is doing. If that makes sense. And while preferably the more we do, the better... I do believe that every bit of good we do, counts. And even after our physical bodies die, our spirits live on forever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Tothian.com

PostSubject: Re: What might make you stop RLSHing?   What might make you stop RLSHing? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 10:34 pm

I also voted 13. Not of these answers would cause me to quit, I'd fight for it until I'm dead, and even after that. No way, no how, am I ever going to stop doing what I know I need to do. Anything less wouldn't be right. I'm really glad that I'm with someone that feels the same way. Tothian and I aren't ever going to stop doing this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What might make you stop RLSHing?   What might make you stop RLSHing? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 1:04 pm

I voted no 1 because my family here think that this whole RLSH thing is very childish They would like me to stop doing this and act like a normal person instead of an "idiot in a weird costume" (Their words not mine) If they were to see RLSHs and actually pay attention to it on the news they would use every bad thing they come across such as Pheonix Jones arrest to support their arguments that the police will have some new guy transferred from down south or some rookie who will either arrest me or shoot me on sight just because Im different from everybody else They also fear that because Im different Some guy could take revenge on me by wearing a very simular outfit and use the image to go on a rampage possibly hurting other people
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What might make you stop RLSHing?   What might make you stop RLSHing? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 1:06 pm

However that doesnt mean that I will give up who and what I am so easily Ill have to be dead before my job as Polarman is over
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What might make you stop RLSHing?   What might make you stop RLSHing? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 7:41 pm

yea being dead has that kind of a effect.lol
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

PostSubject: Re: What might make you stop RLSHing?   What might make you stop RLSHing? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 8:04 pm

But, the spirit lives on. I like to think there's this happy place in the afterlife kinda like the Heroes Network, where the true superheroes who are truly superheroes in mind, body, and spirit, all go to this place, reunited, and either doing something similar in the after life or helping here on earth like in a spiritual way like as angels or something like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What might make you stop RLSHing?   What might make you stop RLSHing? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 8:28 pm

that would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: What might make you stop RLSHing?   What might make you stop RLSHing? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 9:14 pm

Yes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What might make you stop RLSHing?   What might make you stop RLSHing? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 11:57 pm

I guess I'll see you there then.lol
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: What might make you stop RLSHing?   What might make you stop RLSHing? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 12:11 am

Some day, but for now we have a lot of things we need to do here on Earth. Bringing a piece of that here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What might make you stop RLSHing?   What might make you stop RLSHing? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 10:54 am

well said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What might make you stop RLSHing?   What might make you stop RLSHing? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 5:21 pm

I have always hoped that in the event of my forced retirement someone else could take up the mantle of Polarman and I would hope that he would be an even better Polarman than I ever hoped to be
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What might make you stop RLSHing?   What might make you stop RLSHing? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 9:44 pm

that's how the DIAMOND LEGACY works.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: What might make you stop RLSHing?   What might make you stop RLSHing? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 9:48 pm

I forget if I mentioned it earlier in this thread or not, but, there could never be another Tothian. I am Tothian. Any legacy of me could continue on with the story of my life being known forever. But, I am me, and my spirit shall live on.
Back to top Go down
Watchdog

Watchdog

Titles : RLSH in Training

PostSubject: Re: What might make you stop RLSHing?   What might make you stop RLSHing? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 11:25 pm

I chose 14, the two reasons I would stop is when I've grown older and have children. But who knows, maybe I'll sneak out every once in a while ;] or if my life is unbalanced emotionally (feeling hate, violence, depression, insanity).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What might make you stop RLSHing?   What might make you stop RLSHing? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 11:45 pm

Babysitter. That, and you could also train them to be RLSH, too. It would be like The Incredibles.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: What might make you stop RLSHing?   What might make you stop RLSHing? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 11:52 pm

The goals, methods, and mission can change. But never the need for people like us in the world.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What might make you stop RLSHing?   What might make you stop RLSHing? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What might make you stop RLSHing?
Page 1 of 1