Heroes Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Network for Real Life Superheroes to have a place to socialize, network, and also teach and learn from each other.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Welcome to the Heroes Network

Go down 
+3
BlackWolf
Mr Justice
Tothian
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tothian
President & Founder of the Heroes Network
Tothian

Titles : Real Life Superhero, Marine Corps Veteran, Warrior
Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

Welcome to the Heroes Network Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to the Heroes Network   Welcome to the Heroes Network I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 2:28 am

Welcome to the Heroes Network!

I want to start this off by saying that I want this forum to be a place of Camaraderie in the RLSH Community. The Spirit of Camaraderie has been around before but I haven't seen it too much for a while, so I'm making this forum with hopes that it will be brought back, as well as the Warrior Spirit. I think the RLSH Community deserves to have a place where the RLSH's and other supporters can speak freely amongst each other without the worry of being harassed just for having a different view, or perhaps contributes to this community or the world in their own way. While there are those common ideals that bring us together, it should also be understood and respected that this community was founded upon ideals such as self-expression, not conformity. And I want everyone on this forum who genuinely wants to be a part of it, to feel important and included, not silenced and outcasted.

I don't want this place to be strict - because then nobody would like it, but at the same time I also don't want it to be chaotic, neither - because then nobody would like it. Meaning, if I delete everything I don't like, people wouldn't feel free to post their thoughts here. If I never deleted or moved anything, it could make things a bit chaotic. The pattern that I've always noticed was that a good balance of professionalism and joking around always seems to work the best. So as of now I'll try for not official rules, but rather a common sense policy. Everyone should be able to feel comfortable to post here and be themselves, but at the same time I would also like to ask you to be respectful of others. You as a person value your rights, so please try to respect and value the rights of others.

Honest, constructive debates are good, and I don't want to ask any of you to go against who you are nor what you believe in - but please remember that people also have their own reasons for believing what they believe as well. Sometimes it's good to agree to disagree. As a community and a network, I've seen too many walls built and not enough bridges. And many of the bridges people may in the future want to cross again some day get torn down, so to speak. I don't want people to be two-faced but not disrespectful, neither. If you make an argument public, I would prefer it not be where everyone starts taking sides, but rather tries to mediate. If there are any disputes, I would advise to always be open to making peace with others, if possible.

Keep the conversations and communication going. It's what keeps this community alive, it helps the networking process work a lot faster and more effectively, makes things more fun and interesting, as well as useful and informative. And helps get everyone better acquainted.

Teach and learn from each other, that's what the forum is here for. But at the same time, be careful of giving out too much personal information.

I also understand that things don't always go according to plan. Nonetheless, not having a plan would be a bad idea. I don't expect every decision I make to always be agreed with. Some things I know I have to do, but with other things, I'm willing to take advice as well. I would rather hear constructive criticism than false kindness, although as I said, there are ways to do that while being respectful. Constructive criticism helps make this forum better, false kindness doesn't, neither does disrespect. On the other hand, keeping the Spirit of Camaraderie should be remembered as something very important as well.

And this isn't so much of a rule as much of a tip or guideline, that it would help this forum if everyone posted an introduction first. And responded to everyone else's, as well as posting in the other sections as well. That will help everyone get better acquainted as well as keep the conversations going. Also please post any useful topics that may help others, as well as fun topics to make this place fun.

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.Tothian.com

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Heroes Network   Welcome to the Heroes Network I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 4:15 am

well spoken,tothian. "Different strokes for different folks,just paddle in the same direction & we'll get there."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Heroes Network   Welcome to the Heroes Network I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 4:19 am

"Don't wait for your ship to come in, get in your boat and start rowing!"
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Heroes Network   Welcome to the Heroes Network I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 4:41 am

@Red Vision- Thanks. And yes that's true. Also, when you said different strokes for different folks, I thought of the song, and also the old TV Show.

@ShowStopper- Good quote, I like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Heroes Network   Welcome to the Heroes Network I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 5:04 am

@Tothian- I read it somewhere recently. Forget who said it.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Heroes Network   Welcome to the Heroes Network I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 5:05 am

Ah.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Heroes Network   Welcome to the Heroes Network I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 6:03 am

@ Tothian:
"WHAT YOU TALKING ABOUT WILLIS?lol
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Heroes Network   Welcome to the Heroes Network I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 6:28 am

afro
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Heroes Network   Welcome to the Heroes Network I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 6:33 am

nunchucks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Heroes Network   Welcome to the Heroes Network I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 6:34 am

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Heroes Network   Welcome to the Heroes Network I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 6:36 am

salute
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Heroes Network   Welcome to the Heroes Network I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 7:09 am

batman
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Heroes Network   Welcome to the Heroes Network I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 7:19 am

dance
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Heroes Network   Welcome to the Heroes Network I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 7:21 am

pet cat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Heroes Network   Welcome to the Heroes Network I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 7:59 am

blah
Back to top Go down
Mr Justice

Mr Justice

Titles : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Heroes Network   Welcome to the Heroes Network I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 8:38 pm

I'm a guy who mostly hands out food parcels to the homeless and patrol whenever i can, I live in the United Kingdon and am a RLSH.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Heroes Network   Welcome to the Heroes Network I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 8:53 pm

those are good standard,wherever a RLSH member may be. nice work,mr. justice!
Back to top Go down
BlackWolf

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Heroes Network   Welcome to the Heroes Network I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 12:24 am

Hello everyone, it is a pleasure to be among you. Looking forward to many chats and vents here. My salutations to Tothian and those involved in the creation of this forum.
Back to top Go down
AllStar

AllStar

Titles : Crimefighter

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Heroes Network   Welcome to the Heroes Network I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 4:43 am

Man, the cool kids club must be freaking out at this =P

Last edited by AllStar on Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Heroes Network   Welcome to the Heroes Network I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 4:57 am

BlackWolf,
Likewise, and thanks! As I mentioned in your introduction, I must also thank ShowStopper for helping me create this forum, AND also all the members here so far for helping contribute to the awesome and fun conversations we've had here.

All-Star,
LOL! We're the Cool Kids Club now! But I know what you mean though. I don't know if they know about it yet. I kind of like that they don't, that way less problems to waste time worrying about, and more time to focus on enjoying this forum in all it's silly glory and useful discussions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Heroes Network   Welcome to the Heroes Network I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 3:14 pm

what do you mean silly? it's straight up!!!lol
Back to top Go down
AllStar

AllStar

Titles : Crimefighter

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Heroes Network   Welcome to the Heroes Network I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 1:26 am

eh I would rather be called "the powers that be"
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Heroes Network   Welcome to the Heroes Network I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 2:07 am

confused
Back to top Go down
Red Merc

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Heroes Network   Welcome to the Heroes Network I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 2:55 am

I love the new look for the site tothian. and I agree with tons of topics discussed !! Star Wars  group 
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Heroes Network   Welcome to the Heroes Network I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 3:59 am

Cool! And you're more than welcome to join in on any of the topics and even to start your own. I encourage it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Heroes Network   Welcome to the Heroes Network I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the Heroes Network
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next