Heroes Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Network for Real Life Superheroes to have a place to socialize, network, and also teach and learn from each other.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marvel Civil Wars

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Marvel Civil Wars Empty
PostSubject: Marvel Civil Wars   Marvel Civil Wars I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 6:46 pm

The New Warriors vs the bunch of punks on the streets

the reason for the fight so the NW can get ratings on their tv show

The cost 6 blocks including a school full of young children gets blown to bits when Nitro detonates himself

The response The Government wants any and ALL superheroes to register and get their powers licenced this includes other superpowered people who are not crime fighting or committing crimes

Captain America and his team vs Ironman and his team Ironman wants everyone to go public with their identidies and Captain America thinks that goes against human rights

I have some of the Civil War Chronicle series in Comic book format but do not have the novel or the graphic novel

Also I am missing a few issues that were not avalible to buy up here

Hope to get them sometime soon

Very intelectual thinking about what if as an example a vigilante in real life went up against a dangerous crimminal or tried to take on a group of terrorists and the end result was the deaths of hundreds of people including children
Back to top Go down
Tothian
President & Founder of the Heroes Network
Tothian

Titles : Real Life Superhero, Marine Corps Veteran, Warrior
Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

Marvel Civil Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel Civil Wars   Marvel Civil Wars I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 10:31 pm

Sounds really interesting. And it's good when some of these books show what could happen in one of these worst case scenarios, it gives us ideas of things we could do, and of course can't forget the fact that some are just plain entertaining to read, as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Tothian.com

Marvel Civil Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel Civil Wars   Marvel Civil Wars I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 7:47 pm

I'm curious POLARMAN,where you stand on this? Are'nt you confident with our ability?lol
Back to top Go down

Marvel Civil Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel Civil Wars   Marvel Civil Wars I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 5:06 pm

Im very confident in our abilities however Im looking at this from other points of views including those who think that we are nothing more than a bunch of nut cases who need some serious help to those who would actually compare us to vigilantes and criminals who may try to commit crimes while impersonating us Im all for the freedom we have now and I fully support any and all RLSHs who are out there to good things for other people
Back to top Go down

Marvel Civil Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel Civil Wars   Marvel Civil Wars I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 5:42 pm

me too,I was just wondering where this was going?
Back to top Go down

Marvel Civil Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel Civil Wars   Marvel Civil Wars I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 6:52 pm

After the Events of 9/11 I was told to my face that I looked just like a terrorist by someone who had always had something against me for one reason or another and I wondered if other RLSHs wentthrough this as well scince people were being banned from flights over such stupid little things like having long hair or wearing braces I know of 3 cases where a child was banned from the aircraft just because he shared his name with someone who was on a no fly list and how easy it would be for the police to mistake us for criminals because we wear masks
Back to top Go down

Marvel Civil Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel Civil Wars   Marvel Civil Wars I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 7:15 pm

I don't understand why everyone is so worried about the police? I've been doing this for almost 3 decades & never have had a problem with the law. My mother was a officer & I can completely tell you that they are just like everyone else. Plus even so,how would it change anything? the concept would be the same & laws don't make drastic changes overnight,they grind over a duration of time,which give everyone time to prepare anyways. I'm against the whole register idea & the barriers it puts us against. You know if you took all the THRILLS,CHILLS & SPILLS out of this,it would'nt be a ADVENTURE!
Back to top Go down

Marvel Civil Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel Civil Wars   Marvel Civil Wars I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 7:57 pm

I would worry more about the goverment pulling the strings that they tie to the police than about the police themselves I have lots of friends here who are cops and good ones too
Back to top Go down

Marvel Civil Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel Civil Wars   Marvel Civil Wars I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 3:59 am

exactly.
Back to top Go down

Marvel Civil Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel Civil Wars   Marvel Civil Wars I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 4:48 am

That's also why many of us chose to be SuperHeroes instead of police in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

Marvel Civil Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel Civil Wars   Marvel Civil Wars I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 6:29 am

Yep. I mean, I was in the U.S. Marines for 5 years. In my mind, I always saw that as like, real superhero training. And what they do, are like real superheroes, in one certain way. BUT, I like the option that I had the choice to join up or not join up, in the branch I chose to join, in the type of occupation that I chose to do there. Infantry.

I don't regret doing it. I got to serve this country, and at the same time, received a lot of good training and experience from there, which contributes to, but didn't nor doesn't define me.

As Tothian, I have the freedom of self-expression, and also ability to represent my own ideals, rather than someone else's. I have the ability to be random, mysterious, as much as I choose, and focus on learning about the thingsthat I find interesting, useful, and important.

The fact that I had spent 5 years of my life in the Marines, having to learn about a specific set of things that they wanted me to learn. Train in a specific way that fit their standards, cut my hair the way they wanted, wear my uniform they wanted, talk the way they wanted, made me that much more appreciate being able to do things my own way, and understand how important that is. Plus, once you're in such a position of a follower, you can really understand about leadership.

And even though I'm no longer there, I can still do what the Marine Corps taught me to do. Protect people, fight evil, and also help others who are interested in doing the same thing.

And while that had it's ways of working for me, and what I need to do, I also understand that that's not for everyone. Nor should anyone be forced to be part of it and follow their every standard just because there's a few things that they have in common with the others who are part of it.
Back to top Go down

Marvel Civil Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel Civil Wars   Marvel Civil Wars I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 8:01 pm

I do it not to be different than the police,but to help them & the people who needs alittle extra edge in today's society. I don't think we should drawl a line between us,just continue to do what is needed.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

Marvel Civil Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel Civil Wars   Marvel Civil Wars I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 2:43 am

Red Vision,

Good point, in one sense. Because in that one sense, to put it simply, it shouldn't have to ever be "us versus them" - we both want to do our parts to make the world a safer, better place.

On the other hand, we're needed for different reasons, if you look deeply enough in to it. Police have their role in society, preventing chaos. We do our parts to protect people. They're more structure and order, we're more individuality and self-expression. Either way could be corrupted, but in kind of different ways. But as for the good parts, we're both needed.
Back to top Go down

Marvel Civil Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel Civil Wars   Marvel Civil Wars I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 9:53 am

well for personal reasons,i don't seperate myself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Marvel Civil Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel Civil Wars   Marvel Civil Wars I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marvel Civil Wars
Page 1 of 1