Heroes Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Network for Real Life Superheroes to have a place to socialize, network, and also teach and learn from each other.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello from Oshawa, Ontario, Canada.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Hello from Oshawa, Ontario, Canada. Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Oshawa, Ontario, Canada.   Hello from Oshawa, Ontario, Canada. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 11:10 pm

I am Nameless because when donning my outfit, I am not a man, I am a living incarnation of an ideology. A feeling that one can't quite put a name to.

My humble beginnings started back last year with an intense hollywood action movie you all probably know: Kick-Ass.

Outside of Halloween costumes, dressing up in a superhero costume and doing good deeds never really crossed my mind. However, the first time I watched Kick-Ass, I was deeply moved. It had suprised me. It was an unrealistic action movie, for sure--but it had a driving ideology; a core point layered under the hollywood dressing that you can't ignore or deny.

Over the past year, the idea has been coagulating in my head. My city is infamous for it's crack-cocaine usage and there are many g-unit types who think they can harass people and property without any consequence, and it's always irritated me how disrespectful that is--and how dangerous they are to other people's safety and rights.

I want to stop this from happening.

I have steadily been gathering supplies and doing research to prepare myself to launch into this venture. I have a buddy who says he's also interested in doing this with me, so it's nice to know I'll probably have a partner.

I recently came across the wikipedia article for RLSH's and found the link to Heroes Network there.

So, here I am, introducing myself to others who have forged their path long before me. Beginner tips and experiences would be greatly appreciated.

A little about myself: I'm a 22-year old college student based in Oshawa, Ontario. I live a very active lifestyle, including working out and biking. I will be learning Krav Maga once I graduate and can afford classes. My self-defense weapon of choice is a pair of Tonfa, which can easily be holstered on a tactical belt and removed quickly.

In terms of skills I bring to the table; I've always been particularly interested in stealth and sneaking around unobserved, which can let me keep an eye on problematic situations from an undetected position and give me the element of suprise in the event that I need to intervene. As such, my outfit is entirely black with red as my identifying color. (I'll put a thread up in the equipment section for a full loadout of what I plan to carry).

If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer.

Last edited by Nameless on Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:06 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oshawa, Ontario, Canada.   Hello from Oshawa, Ontario, Canada. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 11:44 pm

hello Nameless welcome the the forum
Back to top Go down
Tothian
President & Founder of the Heroes Network
Tothian

Titles : Real Life Superhero, Marine Corps Veteran, Warrior
Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oshawa, Ontario, Canada.   Hello from Oshawa, Ontario, Canada. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 12:44 am

Hi Nameless,

I had no idea you were also skilled in those things, too. You did
mention some other things to me that you were also skilled in, which
could come in handy too. Everything you know counts, and there is always
the two parts to training - the physical part, and also the knowledge
of things that help. There are subjects in the Academics Category that
could help with that.

Anyway, I hope that you enjoy this forum and find it useful as well. Welcome to the Heroes Network! One of us!
Back to top Go down
http://www.Tothian.com

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oshawa, Ontario, Canada.   Hello from Oshawa, Ontario, Canada. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 2:45 am

Hey Nameless, nice to see you've found the Heroes Network. We hope you find whatever info that you're looking for here, you've got some cool friends here willing to help you out with whatever you might need. Welcome the the Heroes Network, and Merry Christmas.

ONE OF US! group
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oshawa, Ontario, Canada.   Hello from Oshawa, Ontario, Canada. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 12:49 am

I created a video introduction for myself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNEV2GbavFs
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

Titles : Real Life Superhero, Marine Corps Veteran, Warrior
Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oshawa, Ontario, Canada.   Hello from Oshawa, Ontario, Canada. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 1:51 am

Nameless,

I just watched it right now. Also, if you want to embed the video, type:

Code:
[youtube] before the link, then [/youtube] after the link.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Tothian.com

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oshawa, Ontario, Canada.   Hello from Oshawa, Ontario, Canada. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 2:00 am

oh, i didn't know you had bbcode youtube embedding enabled. Will update
Back to top Go down
Norseman

Norseman

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oshawa, Ontario, Canada.   Hello from Oshawa, Ontario, Canada. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 10:36 pm

Hail and welcome Nameless!

Good to see you here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oshawa, Ontario, Canada.   Hello from Oshawa, Ontario, Canada. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Oshawa, Ontario, Canada.
Page 1 of 1