Heroes Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Network for Real Life Superheroes to have a place to socialize, network, and also teach and learn from each other.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Excelsior's Introduction of Justice

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Excelsior

Excelsior

Excelsior's Introduction of Justice Empty
PostSubject: Excelsior's Introduction of Justice   Excelsior's Introduction of Justice I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 8:46 pm

Hey everyone, I'm Excelsior. I am just starting out as a RLSH, I have been following the RLSH thing for awhile and reached a point where I think I could make a real impact by becoming a RLSH myself.

My main areas of interest are in tackling issues that I feel are important causes which not everyone in society is behind such as stopping bullying and other kinds of social justice like inspiring people to do more to help the poor and needy.

I guess you could say I plan to be more of an activist superhero, I'm not really planning on patrolling to stop street crime just because there's really not very much street crime at all where I live and I don't think I would be that effective in such a field.

I think being a Real Life Superhero can be a really powerful tool for social activism because it can be a great way to get people's attention in order to get your message about what you feel is wrong in society today heard.

I have respect for all the Real Life Superheroes out there though who combat injustice in their own ways and think it's great that it's a diverse community with many different kinds of RLSH who use the idea of the RLSH to fight for justice and help those in need in many different ways.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
President & Founder of the Heroes Network
Tothian

Titles : Real Life Superhero, Marine Corps Veteran, Warrior
Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

PostSubject: Re: Excelsior's Introduction of Justice   Excelsior's Introduction of Justice I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 10:33 pm

Excelsior,

Welcome to the Heroes Network and I wish you luck as a real life Superhero! One of us!

What sorts of social injustices are you most passionate about standing against?
Back to top Go down
http://www.Tothian.com

PostSubject: Re: Excelsior's Introduction of Justice   Excelsior's Introduction of Justice I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 10:35 pm

Welcome to the Heroes Network.

ONE OF US! group
Back to top Go down
DarkShadow
Former Vice President of the Heroes Network
Former Vice President of the Heroes Network
DarkShadow

Titles : The Umbra Obscurum, DS, The DarkShadow, He who wields the Blade of the Whirlwind, the Lightning Blade

PostSubject: Re: Excelsior's Introduction of Justice   Excelsior's Introduction of Justice I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 1:25 am

Welcome aboard.

DarkShadow Rising...
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Excelsior's Introduction of Justice   Excelsior's Introduction of Justice I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 4:28 pm

Hi Tothian and thanks for the welcome. I am passionate about many types of social injustices, one that I am particularly passionate about is the way that American society persecutes and bullies people who have been certain types of conditions American society has labeled as being mental illnesses such as 'schizophrenia' and also the way people are persecuted and bullied if they have unique religious beliefs.

I believe in total religious freedom which means that anyone has the right to believe almost anything at all, like in total religious freedom I would even think it was OK if someone wanted to consider Batman their Lord and Savior and start a religion based around Batman. Or alternatively there a lot of people in the world who go around believing they are God or Jesus or like an Angel or something, I think that in total religious freedom anyone can believe anything, so anyone has the right to believe they are God and Jesus or an Angel and no one should bully them for it.

But often if people have really strange beliefs they are bullied and persecuted by other members of society since even though America supposedly has religious freedom many people are still intolerant if the beliefs of some are unique enough from common beliefs.

So that's one cause I'm passionate about, total religious freedom and basically stopping the persecution and bullying that happens to many who have just incredibly bizarre or unusual religious beliefs.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

PostSubject: Re: Excelsior's Introduction of Justice   Excelsior's Introduction of Justice I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 11:00 pm

Excelsior,

The Bible does say to not judge, and to leave it to God. The United States Constitution does guarantee religious liberty in the 1st Amendment how the government shall make no law regarding religion. BUT, lately since the election of Barack Obama, they are starting to target Christians more. Especially in the military. But act more in favor of Islam.

I have some unique religious beliefs, and my belief of being an archangel.

As for people being bullies, it does not phase me. Since this world has a lot of evil in it, good spirits are born in order to stand against evil. If there was no evil here, then all the good spirits wouldn't need to come here.

It's really a double edged sword because I like to promote Christianity, and while I like being able to express my beliefs freely, I also find it odd that the mere mention of my beliefs - will have some thinking that I am forcing it on them, and thus violating their religious liberty, but that isn't true.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Excelsior's Introduction of Justice   Excelsior's Introduction of Justice I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 11:46 pm

Well it's good that bullying does not phase you personally but I think stopping bullying is an important cause because most people don't have the courage to stand on their own based on their own self belief and so these people need help to protect them from bullies. Or to help them recover from being bullied. Some kids kill themselves or become school shooters as a result of being bullied and someone needs to do something to help these kids and stop this injustice from continuing.

I have my own religion I follow but it's different from older religions like Christianity in that it teaches it is OK to pretend to believe in things that may not be real using make believe. My religion says that angels are aliens from another planet but rather than presenting it as an absolute fact it says it's a science fiction idea you can pretend to believe in using make believe.

It is probably true that Christians are being targeted in America now. I respect Christianity and have no way of knowing if what it teaches about Jesus being the Son of God is true or not.

Some of my moral beliefs about right and wrong are the exact opposite of what some Christians believe though. Like I believe homosexuality is morally acceptable and that fornication, casual sex between unmarried people, is a good thing. Jesus taught that casual sex was wrong but I think that while this was true 2,000 years ago when Jesus did his sermons, I believe if Jesus were here today he would completely reverse his position and say that free love and sex are now a good thing. I think what is right and wrong changes as the world changes and something that was wrong 2,000 years ago can now be right because of how different the world has become.

You may not feel the same way and If you don't I respect your right to have your own beliefs about what is right and wrong.

One of the interesting ideas about being a hero is that a hero is someone who fights for what he believes is right, but since people have different beliefs about what is right and wrong one hero might fight for something another hero believes is wrong.

My goal as a real life superhero is simply to do what I can to fight for what I believe is right and I cannot help it if some of the things I believe are right are thought to be wrong by other real life superheroes.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: Excelsior's Introduction of Justice   Excelsior's Introduction of Justice I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 1:54 am

I do agree that bullying is bad. There are 4 methods of fighting evil. Fire, earth, air, water.

Fighting fire with fire is the obvious one. Earth is more like a balanced one, air is kind of like ignoring it so it gets bored and goes away. And water is like responding to meanness with kindness.

And it is true - we should always stand up for what we believe is right.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Excelsior's Introduction of Justice   Excelsior's Introduction of Justice I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 2:29 am

That is an interesting theory about the four elements being four methods for fighting evil.

I think there are several ways to combat bullying.

One is to teach that bullying is wrong so people turn against it as an evil practice.

Another is helping those who have been bullied by raising them back up again.

A third is by teaching true values that what counts is a persons true spirit and that the values bullies use to put people down like picking on someone for being 'weak' or 'ugly' or 'stupid' are not real values that matter. Someone could be weaker or uglier or dumber than others but still be a greater person if they have a good heart and the spirit of a hero.

Then the last way I can think of offhand might be what you call 'air' in just teaching people to ignore the actions and words of bullies so that they have no effect.

I actually believe that bullying is the most serious and major issue for Real Life Superheroes to confront because in order to actualize our heroic potential we must act in a way that violates social conformity and this often makes us a target for bullies.

Like I have seen that because you take an extreme stance in a good way, there are many on the Internet who have attempted to bully you in such ways as labeling you as being 'crazy.' While I don't think you are crazy and it might not bother you personally what these losers say about you, I think it does effect your ability to connect to and inspire the more 'normal' members of society who might be more influenced by the words of bullies than men devoted to heroic ideals like you or me.

There are problems in America and the world that seem more serious than bullying such as corruption in the ruling class which some call 'The Illuminati,' but I think that in order to stop many of the evil plans of the so called 'Illuminati' we have to break the boundaries of social conformity and this is going to attract attacks on us by common bullies and if we cannot first overcome the common bullies we have no hope of stopping any of the sinister machinations of the more apparently serious enemies like the corrupt and evil people who are in the so-called 'Illuminati,' which has really just become a term for the true rulers of America as the real power in this country is not held by elected politicians but the super wealthy individuals in such fields as the banking and oil industries.

These are just my thoughts so you are free to disagree but I have reached these conclusions after years of studying the problems and injustices that our world faces.
Back to top Go down
Drone

Drone

PostSubject: Re: Excelsior's Introduction of Justice   Excelsior's Introduction of Justice I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 5:15 am

I like this idea. Perhaps you could start with teaching people to defend themselves? And perhaps also finding information on preventing cyber bullying and spreading it? Just a couple of ideas. Internet trolling is becoming really huge, and I've seen it spill over to the offline world quite a bit. I definitely approve of nonviolent approaches to problems like this though. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: Excelsior's Introduction of Justice   Excelsior's Introduction of Justice I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 5:52 am

Excelsior,

Bullying is a concept that is instilled by the illuminati. They control media which consists of both news and hollywood which controls entertainment, and that is what tries to make people think it's cool to bully people who are different from them.

Bullying is a branch of the problem, but the root of that problem is evil.

If we expose the illuminati and remove it's power and influence, then we can promote a new way of thinking for people. Social media is a double edged sword, but the side of that double edged sword that we can use as a tool to spread the truth, we should take advantage of that.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Excelsior's Introduction of Justice   Excelsior's Introduction of Justice I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 6:29 am

I have to disagree with you on this one Tothian. Bullying is not instilled by The Illuminati, it is a natural instinctual behavior that occurs not just in humans but many species of animals, from gorillas to chickens.

The Illuminati use the media to instill the false values that some bullies use to oppress others but bullying is a behavior as old as humanity itself and occurs in most intelligent animal species.

I mean this is just what I think and I could be wrong, but I don't think you would be able to expose The Illuminati and take away it's power and influence without someone taking care of the bullying problem concurrently.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: Excelsior's Introduction of Justice   Excelsior's Introduction of Justice I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 7:36 am

It's kind of like a case of what came first, the chicken or the egg. The illuminati are people who follow the devil. The devil came to earth and created all of this evil, and things like bullying.

So, you might be right that it started before the group that calls themself the illuminati. But they all originate from the same source.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Excelsior's Introduction of Justice   Excelsior's Introduction of Justice I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 1:21 am

Wow, you sound like my kinda guy Excelsior! Welcome to the community. Smile
Back to top Go down
Hazop Ranger

Hazop Ranger

Titles : RLSH. 7 of Spades. High School DIPLOMA Dabrowski; Kawaler of the Kingdom of Poland. Halo 3 Field Major.
Mission : G.I. JOE patriotism, U.N.S.C./RuneScape\Neopets/City of Heroes\Roleplayerguild peering, F.E.A.R. synergy, and maintaining being an noble Earthling.

PostSubject: Re: Excelsior's Introduction of Justice   Excelsior's Introduction of Justice I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 2:05 pm

speaking of the illuminati I heard recently that martin luther king jr was assassinated by his own government.

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Excelsior's Introduction of Justice   Excelsior's Introduction of Justice I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Excelsior's Introduction of Justice
Page 1 of 1