Heroes Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Network for Real Life Superheroes to have a place to socialize, network, and also teach and learn from each other.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Color Psychology

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GoldenAerie2

GoldenAerie2

Titles : Formerly Raven

Color Psychology Empty
PostSubject: Color Psychology   Color Psychology I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 4:47 pm

The following are some common psychological effects of colors in the Western Hemisphere. Think of this as more of a beginning guide to color psychology.
Color PsychologyColor Psychology: The Color White

• purity
  • innocence
  • cleanliness
  • sense of space
  • neutrality
  • mourning (in some cultures/societies)

Color Psychology: The Color Black

• authority
  • power
  • strength
  • evil
  • intelligence
  • thinning / slimming
  • death or mourning

Color Psychology: The Color Gray

• neutral
  • timeless
  • practical

Color Psychology: The Color Red

• love
  • romance
  • gentle
  • warmth
  • comfort
  • energy
  • excitement
  • intensity
  • life
  • blood

Color Psychology: The Color Orange

• happy
  • energetic
  • excitement
  • enthusiasm
  • warmth
  • wealth prosperity
  • sophistication
  • change
  • stimulation

Color Psychology: The Color Yellow

• happiness
  • laughter
  • cheery
  • warmth
  • optimism
  • hunger
  • intensity
  • frustration
  • anger
  • attention-getting

Color Psychology: The Color Green

• natural
  • cool
  • growth
  • money
  • health
  • envy
  • tranquility
  • harmony
  • calmness
  • fertility

Color Psychology: The Color Blue

• calmness
  • serenity
  • cold
  • uncaring
  • wisdom
  • loyalty
  • truth
  • focused
  • un-appetizing

Color Psychology: The Color Purple

• royalty
  • wealth
  • sophistication
  • wisdom
  • exotic
  • spiritual
  • prosperity
  • respect
  • mystery

Color Psychology: The Color Brown

• reliability
  • stability
  • friendship
  • sadness
  • warmth
  • comfort
  • security
  • natural
  • organic

Color Psychology: The Color Pink

• romance
  • love
  • gentle
  • calming
  • agitation

Some other links to check out:
Using Color Psychology as Effective Business Marketing
Color Psychology (Wiki)
Power Ties & Presidential Elections
Color Psychology at Work
Good Colors, Evil Colors
Back to top Go down
http://time4heroics.blogspot.com/

Color Psychology Empty
PostSubject: Re: Color Psychology   Color Psychology I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 7:03 pm

That's a useful guide. I remember reading about this one time when some people wanted to study the calming effects of the color pink. So they figured the best way to study the effect was at a prison, in the room where newly-caught criminals were being held. The people running the prison were all for the study and even helped mix the paint and paint the walls. They found that the color pink did work pretty well at calming the prisoners down. However if they were exposed to the color for several hours then the effects wore off.
Back to top Go down

Color Psychology Empty
PostSubject: Re: Color Psychology   Color Psychology I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 2:36 am

Color Psychology: The Color Yellow

• happiness
  • laughter
  • cheery
  • warmth
  • optimism
  • hunger
  • intensity
  • frustration
  • anger
  • attention-getting

Color Psychology: The Color Blue

• calmness
  • serenity
  • cold
  • uncaring
  • wisdom
  • loyalty
  • truth
  • focused
  • un-appetizing

Holy crap, I have all the charecteristics that the two colors on my outfit have; Yellow and Blue. (Yes, some may not be desirable, but I like being honest with myself and recognizing them instead of trying to delude myself into thinking I'm perfectly fine; you know your crazy when you stop questioning your sanity.)

And so evaluation of oneself and reflection are good things...even if parts of the truth can be ugly, it's better than trying to stuff them down. In order to have power over something as I always say, you have to know more about it. The real i. If you want to have more power over yourself, you gotta be honest with yourself and the real you.

But yeah, that's freaky that the words in Yellow and Blue sum me up near perfectly; I'm kinda conflicted but in a fairly good way; get's a little confusing some times. Meh, keeps me on my feet, I like it. XD
Stay true. Stay free. Stay safe.

--Hero Boy
Back to top Go down

Color Psychology Empty
PostSubject: Re: Color Psychology   Color Psychology I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 2:48 am

Think of yellow as 100% Hero Boy and the Blue as 100% 204; not polar opposites but clearly different personalities. Currently, and for some time now, I've been a blend between the two. My therapist said she's proud of me for making so much progress; supposedly it's more healthy to be in the medium between the two extremes for those with DID in particular. Sometimes a little more is present than the other, but the dramatic switching all of a sudden has stopped; it's way more subtle now and only comes in spurts whereas before sometimes it would be months before I switched again. I don't feel any need to change names and have just gotten used to/more comfortable with just being one person. I'm just a little more normal now. Not completely, (which i like, haha) but enough that it's no longer too awfully stressful. Only problems now is occasionally detachment/dissociation. Somebody usually has to snap me out of it once or twice a day from my mind taking a little vacation in la la land or wherever the hell it goes lol. Then again.....maybe that whole alien thing was true all along....see, this is what I hate about it. XD Sorry, brainw ent on autopilot again....oh yeah, Color Psychology. Yep, all I needed to say was yellow and blue, lol XD.

--Hero Boy
Back to top Go down

Color Psychology Empty
PostSubject: Re: Color Psychology   Color Psychology I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 3:02 am

Oh, may as well add this.
So, the two color traits combined equal an outward appearence similiar to Tom Welling in smallville for some reason, lol. Just sort of....heavy, burdened, but confident and determined. And, the occasional mood swing; only not quite so much Red Kryptonite level of "oh-shit" XD
I chuckle weirdly everytime I watch that show from the seemingly countless irony points in it that I can relate to. Especially the evil experimental psyche "Sommerholt"; get this, the little kids campus of the Directors is called "Sommerset". The Sommerset program, or Sommerset Academy at Canyon Creek". Oh, and the severe irony that he lives in a small farming community but operates in a much larger city aproximately 100 miles north of him (Chloe said in an episode it was a 2 hr drive to metropolis; that's how long it takes to get to Fairbanks....if you obey the speed laws....it's a long, empty striahgt stretch of highway.....everybody obeys the speed laws; it's not like they can see a car coming from waaaaaaay down the road, lol. XD
And the irony that one of my sensitivities is a a piece of rock; Magnetite. I studied up on it though later and learned sentivity to magnetic fields is more common than I thought, but still, the further irony is that hypersensitivity to earth's environment lists magnetic fields in the indigo culture, and the whole debate on whether they're aliens or not; I personally just evolution taking it's course; astrology may have something to do with it; I have some faith that astrology can have a chance at least having roots in science; if the moon can affect people on earth, it's not too absurd to think perhaps other celestial bodies in space can have some sort of observable impact on life on earth. But yeah, oh, there's another one; I;m sensitive to earths moon; Supes was sensitive to the sun; his souyrce of energy. I feel empowered at night with the moon shining bright; like it's an energy meter; I just feel more perky when it's full and bright. But I've read that most get more irritable and crazy when it's full, so perhaps my ADHD is a factopr because most drugs and chemicals have an opposite affect on us; if yopu took my ADD pills it would be like your high on speed, which is prettty much what ADHD feels like. Like right now. Hyper as hell. XD
Oh, and that's another weird thing. ADHD is common in indigos, fancy that. It's so friggin' weird I just don't take nearly as much serious debate over it anymore. It gets tiring just pondering your existence. Makes ya kinda goofy. XD

--Hero Boy
Back to top Go down

Color Psychology Empty
PostSubject: Re: Color Psychology   Color Psychology I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 3:04 am

And the fact he's in the arctic so much. XD
Back to top Go down
Tothian
President & Founder of the Heroes Network
President & Founder of the Heroes Network
Tothian

Titles : Real Life Superhero, Marine Corps Veteran, Warrior
Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

Color Psychology Empty
PostSubject: Re: Color Psychology   Color Psychology I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 12:51 am

Awesome! Thanks for sharing this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Tothian.com
Laserskater

Laserskater

Color Psychology Empty
PostSubject: Re: Color Psychology   Color Psychology I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 8:11 am

Wow. My color:

The Color White

purity
innocence
cleanliness
sense of space
neutrality
mourning (in some cultures/societies)

Not bad...
Back to top Go down
Hazop Ranger

Hazop Ranger

Titles : RLSH. 7 of Spades. High School DIPLOMA Dabrowski; Kawaler of the Kingdom of Poland. Halo 3 Field Major.
Mission : G.I. JOE patriotism, U.N.S.C./RuneScape\Neopets/City of Heroes\Roleplayerguild peering, F.E.A.R. synergy, and maintaining being an noble Earthling.

Color Psychology Empty
PostSubject: Re: Color Psychology   Color Psychology I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 3:34 pm

Color Psychology: The Color Brown

• reliability
  • stability
  • friendship
  • sadness
  • warmth
  • comfort
  • security
  • natural
  • organic
Back to top Go down