Heroes Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Network for Real Life Superheroes to have a place to socialize, network, and also teach and learn from each other.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

the bite of a dog is worth there death?

Go down 
3 posters

should the dog be put down?
yes, it deserves it
the bite of a dog is worth there death? I_vote_lcap0%the bite of a dog is worth there death? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
no, theres no point to killing a dog even if its actions were bad
the bite of a dog is worth there death? I_vote_lcap50%the bite of a dog is worth there death? I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
no
the bite of a dog is worth there death? I_vote_lcap50%the bite of a dog is worth there death? I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
yes
the bite of a dog is worth there death? I_vote_lcap0%the bite of a dog is worth there death? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
Mercy

Mercy

Titles : Mercy

the bite of a dog is worth there death? Empty
PostSubject: the bite of a dog is worth there death?   the bite of a dog is worth there death? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 5:37 pm

my friends sister was bit by a dog the bite of a dog is worth there death? 1001009204recently and from attacking my friends sisiter they are putting it down the bite of a dog is worth there death? 2330674598 my poll is do you think the dog should be put down or be able to live what do you think?the bite of a dog is worth there death? 4111564100

-mercy
Back to top Go down
DarkShadow
Former Vice President of the Heroes Network
DarkShadow

Titles : The Umbra Obscurum, DS, The DarkShadow, He who wields the Blade of the Whirlwind, the Lightning Blade

PostSubject: Re: the bite of a dog is worth there death?   the bite of a dog is worth there death? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 5:45 pm

That's the real catch. If a dog is totally out of control and has very...and i mean very aggressive tendencies then maybe....and that's a big maybe, the animal might have to be put down. sadly in dog bite cases, the only way to check for rabies is to euthanize the animal and have it's brain matter tested. It's a slippery slope here so it really depends on the situation.

DarkShadow Rising....

Last edited by DarkShadow on Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tothian
President & Founder of the Heroes Network
President & Founder of the Heroes Network
Tothian

Titles : Real Life Superhero, Marine Corps Veteran, Warrior
Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

PostSubject: Re: the bite of a dog is worth there death?   the bite of a dog is worth there death? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 3:42 am

Mercy,
I had actually voted for both "No" options. However... (more in my reply to DarkShadow)

DarkShadow,
I should've read your reply before voting. I'll try to remember to do that next time. I didn't know that they needed to actually look at the dog's brain to find out if they had rabies.

I mean I'm still against the idea of anyone doing that to an animal. But at the same time, DarkShadow brought up a really good point.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Tothian.com
Mercy

Mercy

Titles : Mercy

PostSubject: Re: the bite of a dog is worth there death?   the bite of a dog is worth there death? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 5:52 pm

i forgot to mention one fact my friends sister works at the clinic so she knows the risk but then i feel that mask putting the dog down much worse

-mercy
Back to top Go down
DarkShadow
DarkShadow

Titles : The Umbra Obscurum, DS, The DarkShadow, He who wields the Blade of the Whirlwind, the Lightning Blade

PostSubject: Re: the bite of a dog is worth there death?   the bite of a dog is worth there death? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 10:33 pm

No worries Tothian. I used to work for Animal Control back in the day and i'm well versed in how they deal with animals in certain situations. Sadly, the procedure I mentioned earlier is to this date, the only way to check an animal for rabies.

DarkShadow Rising...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the bite of a dog is worth there death?   the bite of a dog is worth there death? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 2:42 pm

I would say no; I don't think a dog should be killed just for biting someone. If it's doing it frequently, and killing chickens and pets and going after people for looking at them wrong, then yeah. But, most of the time, there's a reason a dog bites someone. Maybe they got too close to it's food. Maybe they pissed on the wrong thing that the dog had previously declared "theirs".
When it comes to dogs, respect is key but don't show fear; they can sense that. If it's eating stay away from it, if it's growling softly, like a warning, stay away from it. The only time a dog should be put down is if it's psychotic due to previous abuse and is hurting others frequently and significantly, and then, it shouldn't be just for the humans; it should be for the dogs own good as well. It should always be sad, (or a stupendous relief because of all the damage it has caused, lol) but not a punishment.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the bite of a dog is worth there death?   the bite of a dog is worth there death? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 4:36 pm

Years ago I had a neighbour across the street He owned a large female pittbull That dog was uncontrolable She would bite the leash in half and then chase people and try to attack them
Ive had to defend myself and protect my family from that creature numorus times Including when she jumped at me and caused me to fall down on the stairs She really wanted to rip my face off While she stood over me while I was laying on my back I jammed a stick into her mouth then while her jaws locked down I kicked her face to get her to back away from me The city refused to put her down because she didnt get the chance to bite me However a few months later she tore off a steel chain and got loose to attack a 9 year old boy She was put down after the bitch tore off his groin and the owner was busted for prosession of illegal drugs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the bite of a dog is worth there death?   the bite of a dog is worth there death? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the bite of a dog is worth there death?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heroes Network :: MAIN CATEGORY :: Polls Section-
Jump to: