Network for Real Life Superheroes, Warriors, Protectors,
Saviors, to have a place to socialize, network, and also teach and learn from each other.

HomePortalRegisterLog in
Twitter
Facebook
Latest topics
» How to make the snake sword!
How do you calculate someone's height from their stride length? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2019 9:51 pm by Quantum Viper

» demonic kid online bothering you?
How do you calculate someone's height from their stride length? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2019 9:47 pm by Quantum Viper

» Rangers Guild
How do you calculate someone's height from their stride length? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2019 1:11 am by Quantum Viper

» 14 methods on how to start a fire
How do you calculate someone's height from their stride length? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2019 11:09 pm by Quantum Viper

» The official name change.
How do you calculate someone's height from their stride length? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2019 7:21 pm by Quantum Viper

» What is your leadership style? (online test)
How do you calculate someone's height from their stride length? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2019 4:48 am by Quantum Viper

» Donald Trump & Tothian VS. Luciferian Supernatural Forces
How do you calculate someone's height from their stride length? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2019 4:08 am by Quantum Viper

» Howdy from North Eastern Colorado!
How do you calculate someone's height from their stride length? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2018 11:00 pm by Quantum Viper

» I'm new here
How do you calculate someone's height from their stride length? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2018 5:13 am by Tothian

Keywords
Handbook Encryption Weapons Society Throwing Asian ShowStopper Batman File videos

How do you calculate someone's height from their stride length?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

How do you calculate someone's height from their stride length? Empty
PostSubject: How do you calculate someone's height from their stride length?   How do you calculate someone's height from their stride length? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 9:42 pm

To estimate the height of the person. You must measure toe-to-toe or heel-to-heel of the same foot (what we'd normally think of as 2 steps) the right and left legs might have different measurements--lots of people have different length legs or slight scoliosis & it will affect their steps.

Women and men have slightly different stride/height relationships, and age matters a lot (think toddlers vs. adults) as does fitness level (grandma vs. marathon running teen). Flat footed people walk differently from high-arched folks, too.

.....O
...../|\__ So, if you have a set of prints going any distance, you have to measure
....|.|     each gap and then take an average and you have to know whether the
...../ \    person was walking or running.
__/ __\__
..|<-D->|

The quick estimate is:
for Females walking stride length = Height x 0.413
for Males walking stride length = Height x 0.415

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120101092439AAXxp4H
Back to top Go down

How do you calculate someone's height from their stride length?
Page 1 of 1