Network for Real Life Superheroes, Warriors, Protectors,
Saviors, to have a place to socialize, network, and also teach and learn from each other.

HomePortalRegisterLog in
Twitter
Facebook
Latest topics
» Words Of Encouragement
Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:59 pm by Tothian

» Revolutionary Introduction
Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:21 pm by Tothian

» Do you support President Donald Trump's immigration ban?
Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:36 am by Anti-Hero

» Welcome to Society-X
Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:53 pm by Tin-Man

» New Orleans hit by a Tornado
Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:31 pm by Tothian

» www.Tothian.com
Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:06 pm by Tothian

» Welcome to the Heroes Network
Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:52 pm by Sound Hound

» Welcome to the Heroes Network Church!
Mon May 23, 2016 6:58 pm by ex26

» Do you believe in time travel?
Mon May 23, 2016 6:17 pm by ex26

Keywords
shield Pizza aspects video quotes Masks ShowStopper Real Goggles gloves angel anti Phoenix fighting police dark ecliptico hero suits RLSH Tothian Guns SuperHeroes pictures Colorado Group

Share | 

Zen in the Martial Arts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tothian
President & Founder of the Heroes Network

Titles : Warrior, Protector, Christian Reverend, Philosopher, Strategist, Marine, Political Activist, Defender of Freedom
Mission : Destroy evil, Protect people, Save the world, Defend Freedom, Help the Real Life Superhero Community

PostSubject: Zen in the Martial Arts   Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:24 am

The wisdom taught in this book is great for anyone who likes to study and train in martial arts, regardless of how little or well trained you are. It teaches you ways to view your training, in ways that makes it both easier, and yourself more effective. It even mentions lessons taught by Bruce Lee (who was also a philosopher as well as a martial artist & actor) in there, from some people who have learned directly from him. Not to mention it also can help anyone in regular ordinary life as well.

This is one of those books where you definitely feel wiser after reading it, as if your mind has been opened up in many new ways. I also believe that the lessons I learned in that book had also partially contributed to helping me further advance in certain abilities that I have which are above and beyond what ordinary people have.

Back to top Go down
http://www.Tothian.com

PostSubject: Re: Zen in the Martial Arts   Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:37 am

I've read it, it's a really cool book.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
President & Founder of the Heroes Network

Titles : Warrior, Protector, Christian Reverend, Philosopher, Strategist, Marine, Political Activist, Defender of Freedom
Mission : Destroy evil, Protect people, Save the world, Defend Freedom, Help the Real Life Superhero Community

PostSubject: Re: Zen in the Martial Arts   Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:50 am

Yep, and it's the kind of book that you can read over and over again.

It's not a very long book. Each chapter is only a few pages, but you feel like you learn what the point is, and a little bit about it, and some examples of how it was taught, like in what kind of situation. So, it's very easy to read and understand.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Tothian.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zen in the Martial Arts   

Back to top Go down

Zen in the Martial Arts
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1